Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Please give opinions on these boots- Clarks.

(9 Posts)
MissBoPeep Wed 24-Oct-12 14:31:03

Have recently bought some calf-high chunky biker boots but although some of my trousers are skinny-ish they look a bit baggy tucked in. So am looking for some boots to wear under the trousers.

www.clarks.co.uk/p/20354364

www.clarks.co.uk/p/20354349

Which of these do you prefer?

dexter73 Wed 24-Oct-12 14:38:45

If they are just for wearing under trousers then the first ones are probably better as the buckles/laces on the second pair may look lumpy under your trousers.

MissBoPeep Wed 24-Oct-12 15:07:01

Hmmm. Even if the trousers are narrow/straight legs? I'm talking about denims and straight leg cords. But I am listening!

polyhymnia Wed 24-Oct-12 15:38:59

The bits and pieces on the second pair would certainly show as bumps under my skinny trousers - and they aren't skin tight. Think the first would be much better for this purpose - in fact tempted to try them myself.

Lottapianos Wed 24-Oct-12 15:49:09

I love the second pair, but for under trousers, would go with the first pair.

RobinSparkles Wed 24-Oct-12 15:59:38

I like the first pair. In fact they're quite similar to a pair I was looking at in John Lewis.

I also like these but they don't look as nice quality as the Clarks ones.

wornoutbutstillwonderful Wed 24-Oct-12 16:10:48

Is it the norley cedar that you have? I have seen the shorted version the norley woods worn with skinny and straight legs jeans, they kind of just sit on top of the boots.

MissBoPeep Wed 24-Oct-12 16:29:16

Yes- and they are also very stiff and a bit heavy to wear - maybe they will soften up. I wish there was a 20% somewhere.

reindeerjumper Wed 24-Oct-12 17:47:00

I like the first pair.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: