Talk

Advanced search

Next Children's clothing - sizing help

(9 Posts)
mummeeee Mon 17-Sep-12 16:58:51

I am about to order a shirt and tank top combo for my ds (aged 2.5) from the Next website. It is for him to wear to a wedding next month. I can't decide whether to buy size 2-3 or 3-4, or even to order one of each and see which fits best and return the other one (but that seems like a lot of faff).

Normally I would order the larger size, cos I'd be thinking he can always grow into it and buying something that's borderline too small seems like a waste of money....BUT I am buying it for this wedding and I don't want him to look swamped by it.

We don't have a Next nearby and so I have never really shopped there.

If you have bought somethign from Next before for your dc's, are the sizes normally larger or smaller than expected?

thanks

Sirzy Mon 17-Sep-12 17:02:32

I have always found them to be a bit on the big side but not majorly so

Imlostwithoutahope Mon 17-Sep-12 17:14:34

I buy quite a lot for mine from there. Your better off measuring him and then seeing which height he's closest to.
My ds is skinny and 118cm and aged 6 and now fits their 5-6 stuff. My dd on the other hand is a tall 8 yr old so wears their age 8 tops but age 9 bottoms. I do find their tops slightly big and age 5-6 for example fit a 6 yrold better.

LalaDipsey Mon 17-Sep-12 17:24:15

Order both. It's no hassle returning as you just text the number on the packaging and the courier comes and collects at a convenient time. Soooo easy! Fwiw I find them true to size. Am sure your little boy will look gorgeous.

RugBugs Mon 17-Sep-12 17:28:11

Sizing is quite generous imo.
DD is a tall 22 month old and still in 12-18months clothes from next. For comparison the 2-3 stuff she has from zara is on the short side and gap requires a 3T!

mummeeee Mon 17-Sep-12 19:56:05

Thanks all, that's really helpful. Sounds like the 2-3 won't be too small, but the 3-4 might be too big, so I should just get the 2-3.

LalaDipsey - do you have to pay to return things by courier though?

LalaDipsey Mon 17-Sep-12 22:09:50

Nope!! All free!! I have baby twins and a toddler so clothes shopping is impossible. I order lots of stuff and the lovely courier then collects what I don't want. Perfect grin

newtonupontheheath Mon 17-Sep-12 22:13:46

DS has just worn something similar to a wedding. He is 2 in 2 weeks and wore 18m -2. It fits him with a little bit of room. We buy a lot from next and I've just started buying him 2-3 t-shirts which are quite long.

In your situation I would buy the 2-3 smile
Buying 2 and returning 1 is v easy though ime

mamabirdie Thu 22-Nov-12 04:21:47

Hi, I always have trouble with my 2 dd's sizing as my little one is chubby and tall; but the 4 year old is tall and skinny. I buy size 2 - 3 for the little one although she only turned 1 this year, and size 4 - 5 is still a bit big on the 4 year old. I found something online that might help though. www.alvakids.com
it's an iphone app where you can enter your child's height and weight and it will recommend a size in any brand. i tried it for my dd baby and it worked quite well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now