Talk

Advanced search

Starting Yr11 Gcses 2020 Support Thread contd .....

(8 Posts)
Tigerswife Tue 07-Jan-20 22:12:31

Restarting thread as it reached 1000 and wouldn’t allow anymore posts x

OP’s posts: |
Tigerswife Tue 07-Jan-20 22:15:09

DD not planning on going to prom as doesn’t want to, so we have booked a weekend away at Thorpe Park after exams for a treat.

Anyone had any success in getting teachers to let DC do foundation papers instead of Higher. She is struggling with higher in three sciences and failed mocks higher by 1 or 2 points, so would prefer to do foundation papers for science so she should get a good 5, but so far teachers are not keen. Suffers from anxiety too so less stress is good.

Drabarni Tue 07-Jan-20 22:19:29

I'm not sure yet as mine has mocks throughout January. Her predicted levels are really low but she's really pushing hard, so I know she'll do her best.
She said teachers decide which paper after mock results, so they are all doing higher for mocks.
I'm glad for the new thread, could never find the other one.
I bet this one will fill up quickly. grin

Tigerswife Tue 07-Jan-20 22:22:20

DD GCSE timetable

Week 1 6 exams
Week 2 2 exams
Week 3 Half Term
Week 4 6 exams
Week 5 6 exams

MirandaWest Tue 07-Jan-20 22:26:14

I don’t think I ever posted on the old thread but I have a year 11 DS.

He had first mocks in November/December and then has second mocks after February half term. Has been getting some results back; doing revision seemed to help him - the first time he’s properly seemed bothered tbh. Most subjects have been 7 or above except Spanish which has been a 4. Wish he didn’t have to do a language (so does he!)
Think they nearly all did foundation and higher papers in Spanish - I think he could be better doing foundation as I can’t see him getting higher than a 5 but had better see what his teacher says.

He had to submit a level choices today - can’t quite imagine him in the 6th form.

No idea when prom is - might email school to see when it might be

MirandaWest Tue 07-Jan-20 22:27:13

I have looked at his actual timetable - think he’s got 22 or 23 fairly evenly spread throughout the 4 weeks

TeenPlusTwenties Wed 08-Jan-20 10:07:09

@Tigerswife and @OrangeCinnamon

Suggest you agree which of the two threads you want to keep going with!

This one or www.mumsnet.com/Talk/secondary/3788701-Thread-3-Continuing-to-GCSEs-Summer-2020-Happy-New-Exam-Year

Tigerswife Thu 09-Jan-20 00:04:54

Other thread is fine, only started this one in order to ask my question and it was the first time I’d done it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in