We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Parents of Year 11s - the end has been and gone

(1000 Posts)
BitOutOfPractice Mon 27-Jun-16 10:59:31

The thread that got us all through the exams is now full so here's a new one to get us through the nervous wait for results

Well done to all our brave Y11s and wish every last one of them all the best

Link to the last thread

rainbowstardrops Mon 27-Jun-16 11:00:57

......... and so the days of lounging around in bed all day begin grin

BitOutOfPractice Mon 27-Jun-16 11:05:15

I have a list of jobs for DD. I may even pay her!

JWIM Mon 27-Jun-16 11:12:13

We are having a daily 5 minutes of clearing out DS's room. I have also started to set some admin type tasks so that he starts to develop some personal managment skills ahead of sixth form and decisions about what he plans to do thereafter. Have already suggested he look at local university open days he might want to attend to get a feel for what a degree option might offer.

And then there is the PC gaming to fit in!

ExitPursuedByBear Mon 27-Jun-16 11:43:58

Gosh - this has made me feel nervous.

It's going to be a long summer. Just wish the damned sun would come out. I'm off to find a jumper to put on.

Yay - Wimbledon starts today

tennis

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 27-Jun-16 11:45:57

I'm resolutely ignoring what happens in August!

FantasyAndHope Mon 27-Jun-16 12:06:37

Prom is next week for us! this week is rushing around getting foundation, eyelash extensions, eyebrow wax jewellery gel cushions for shoes etc

FantasyAndHope Mon 27-Jun-16 12:07:05

And DD has made £40 on old textbooks and revision guides which is a bonus!

SignedUpAgain Mon 27-Jun-16 12:51:59

My DS is away on a sports training camp for July, so although i will miss him, at least he is kept busy and having a good time after the stress of all the exams.
Never thought of selling old guides and books - or at very least passing them onto a good home. or is it worth keeping them for DD in 4 years time!

TheSecondOfHerName Mon 27-Jun-16 12:54:29

DS1 has his prom this evening. Due to DH & I overcommitting to various other things, he'll be lucky if we can get him there, let alone take a photo beforehand.

FeckinCrutches Mon 27-Jun-16 12:55:27

Prom was a great success last night, everyone looked wonderful. DD has no idea what she is doing over the summer but has managed to get a little job even though she is still 15 so at least she is out of the house one day a week!

TheSecondOfHerName Mon 27-Jun-16 15:17:31

Just had a look at DS1's prom ticket for this evening and this is the venue. Certainly a step up from the school hall type thing I was expecting.

TheSecondOfHerName Mon 27-Jun-16 15:20:18

This is the main room they've booked.

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 27-Jun-16 15:30:39

wow! dds was in the school hall.

TheSecondOfHerName Mon 27-Jun-16 15:39:03

dds was in the school hall

Yes, that's what I was expecting. Two state schools, one boys' school and one girls' school. To be fair, both school halls are quite small, so it might have been a squeeze to fit all 370 Year 11s.

BitOutOfPractice Mon 27-Jun-16 15:55:49

Wow! That looks amazing!

FantasyAndHope Mon 27-Jun-16 16:01:33

These are some of the images where DDs is there's various rooms so DD is sure which room there's is in but I've being and there are beautiful grounds

TheSecondOfHerName Mon 27-Jun-16 16:13:09

FantasyAndHope that looks lovely.

catslife Mon 27-Jun-16 16:20:09

At last dd has finished all her GCSE exams. She thinks the DT exam went well. She is planning on taking a Creative subject at sixth form so needs a good grade.
The prom is on Weds evening so that's a good chance to celebrate with friends.
When DH arrives home we can celebrate but he may be some time (he's at Glasto helping to tow people's cars out of the mud)!

EllenJanethickerknickers Mon 27-Jun-16 16:21:26

DS had his prom at the racecourse.

raspberryrippleicecream Mon 27-Jun-16 16:47:37

Congratulations to us all fir getting there. We are hanging on for 1 more A2 tomorrow, then we are properly an exam free household!

derektheladyhamster Mon 27-Jun-16 16:51:58

So relieved it's all done. Ds is back at school this week for 6th form induction, then off to Italy for 10 days with a friend's family, then we're away for 2 weeks, just get back and his brother's away for 10 days with scouts. Results and then I'm back to work.
Well that holiday didn't last long!

chocolateworshipper Mon 27-Jun-16 17:00:09

Oh very well done TheSecond for the honour of being the last poster.

And many thanks to BOOP for starting this one.

TheDrsDocMartens Mon 27-Jun-16 17:03:47

Hi , lost track a bit on the other thread. Dd1 has her 6th form induction this week and is in school almost every day for band practice before their concert/tour.
Also got leavers assembly to come but she's not doing prom.

228agreenend Mon 27-Jun-16 19:36:11

Congrats Second on having the honour of finishing the last thread, and thank you Bit for starting the new one.

Really enjoyed out post exam fish and chips this evening (diet, what diet?!) and now looking forward (I think) to the England match.

The prom places look lovely.

This thread is not accepting new messages.