Talk

Advanced search

ok so we have fucked up what now.

(3 Posts)
imnobody Tue 13-Sep-11 13:35:29

Brief rundown, I am English live in Greece, son is 14 will be 15 at Christmas.

Here we have lower and higher secondry school.

12-15 is lower
15-18 is higher

The school year is the september but the age is of acceptance is till 31 December. So my son is one of the youngest in the class.

Each year in secondry school, both lower and higher, the kids have exams to pass to go in to the next year.

My son was changing this year from lower to higher.

So he has failed his exams 3 subjects Maths, Chemistry and Physics. He retook them beginning of September, passed Maths but failed Chemistry and Physics again.

So what happens now, he is now out of school until February, where he will resit the exams if he passes then he will start in the higher secondry school next September.

I am now in a permanent state of shock as he is now out of school until February, no help from the school as far as I can find out to help him pass.

Unfuckingbelievable I tell you, I am now a lot calmer than when I originally found out. I thought at first he would resit the year but no that would be too easy... I guess it is one less book for the Greek government to print out. (if anyone follows what is going on here you will know that the schools are starting without any books they will have them in November) But then I guess I don't have to stress about that anymore

sad

Betelguese Tue 13-Sep-11 17:04:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mountaingirl Tue 13-Sep-11 19:58:13

Good grief! Have I read this correctly? Your son has failed two subjects and the school refuse to educate him? Surely he needs more education than nothing at all. No wonder Greece is in such a mess.

Here in France the kids have to 'pass' into the next year, but if they don't manage the they 'redouble' and do that year again. They would never not be educated confused

No wonder you are shock I have never heard anything so crazy. Is this a state or private school? My ds1 at this age when he was doing the transition from college to lycee went into the English school system and boards. He has just completed his GCSE's and is now embarking on his A'levels.

Are there any other schools nearby to you?

I must say that I am utterly flabbergasted at this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now