Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH and I agreed to do role play - I did mine now he's refusing

(136 Posts)
HornySwoggle Wed 05-Oct-11 17:42:13

This is so typical of him, gets what he wants and then refuses to do his part. We've been having problems, things getting a bit stale so to spice things up we agreed to try a little role play. I said I'd go first and he asked me to dress up as a sexy nurse. Pretty easy since I am actually a nurse so I just adjusted my uniform slightly and played out a silly nurse/patient scenario. It was successful and we had a good time. However now that it's his turn he's refusing to do it. I have asked him to dress up as a character from Star Wars (pretty normal cliche stuff!) and he's saying he doesn't think it's working - now that he's had what he wanted. Is this normal for role playing that one person stops once they've had what they wanted?

RogerMelly Wed 05-Oct-11 17:43:12

do you want him to be chewbacka

ItsMeAndMyPuppyNow Wed 05-Oct-11 17:43:40

doesn't sound fair and balanced, no.

In what other ways is this "typical of him"?

ItsMeAndMyPuppyNow Wed 05-Oct-11 17:44:50

arf at Roger, although Chewbacca does have a certain allure.

Wookies, however... I think he would be perfectly justified in refusing that role.

Blu Wed 05-Oct-11 17:44:58

Yoda?
R2D2?

I think we cannot assess wiwbu unless we know.

RogerMelly Wed 05-Oct-11 17:45:49

she wants him to be Princess Leya

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Wed 05-Oct-11 17:47:36

Gotta be Darth, all that heavy breathing

Sariah Wed 05-Oct-11 17:47:53

Princess Leah?

I think it is a bit mean and I would feel like shit. Its kind of in the same league as climaxing before you and then turning over and going to sleep.

ItsMeAndMyPuppyNow Wed 05-Oct-11 17:48:32

(I of course meant Ewoks, not Wookies, in my 17.44 post btw)

<hastily posts and hopes no Star Wars pedants are about>

HotBurrito1 Wed 05-Oct-11 17:49:11

Learn he must, Jedi he will become.

He's acting very selfishly.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Wed 05-Oct-11 17:49:22

he's saying he doesn't think it's working What isn't working? Once he's got his Star Wars outfit on, are there moveable parts that are refusing to obey his commands?

Or is he now claiming that role-play isn't working for him?

RogerMelly Wed 05-Oct-11 17:49:51

I am role playing as the person who can't spell tonite

ChitChattingWithKids Wed 05-Oct-11 17:50:15

Well unless he dresses up, then he's not likely to get you playing nursey again, is he???

RogerMelly Wed 05-Oct-11 17:50:43

his light saber will not obey his command, obviously

well unless he is <scratches head> ...

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Wed 05-Oct-11 17:51:48

Nah it's Ja Ja Binx (sp) with that tongue wink

In all seriousness, he's being selfish. Unless he's actually really uncomfortable with what you suggested, but then should have discussed it before your turn was taken.

heggertyhaggerty Wed 05-Oct-11 17:51:49

I think he means it's not revitalised your relationship enough for him to feel confident dressing up as Han Solo and thrusting his lightsabre at you. (sorry)

it's all a bit Eddie Izzard

HornySwoggle Wed 05-Oct-11 17:52:10

It is Chewbacca. I can get the costume etc yet he insists it's too much hassle, even though I said I'll sort it out!? hmm

RogerMelly Wed 05-Oct-11 17:52:49

Raymus Antilles

it's too abstract, you need to be more transparent.

heggertyhaggerty Wed 05-Oct-11 17:52:58

7/10

nice try

mercibucket Wed 05-Oct-11 17:53:40

grin

good tea time topic!

did you both discuss and agree to the parts you were going to play beforehand? I'm not surprised you're hacked off but I'd also draw the line at asking dh to be r2d2 so it does depend on your roleplay scenario grin

lovelydogs Wed 05-Oct-11 17:54:00

Chewbacca? Really?

mercibucket Wed 05-Oct-11 17:54:38

well, if you are also agreeing to get the costume sorted, he is being very very unreasonable. I suggest you try s & m next and sort him out good and proper

ScarahStratton Wed 05-Oct-11 17:55:35

How are you planning to shag Chewbacca? hmm

<can't work out the logistics of this one>

RhinoKey Wed 05-Oct-11 17:55:47

Really?
hmm

RogerMelly Wed 05-Oct-11 17:56:20

so are you going to be Harrison Ford? <swoon>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now