Talk

Advanced search

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Is the bugaboo bee cocoon really o.k from newborn?

(11 Posts)
HenriMoose Thu 23-Jun-11 08:09:06

I was told today that the cocoon is really hot, so in summer it wouldn't really be suitable for newborn and instead I'd need to use a sheepskin in the flat position of the normal seat. I'm worried this leaves the little one a bit exposed and also doesn't help when I need to carry it downstairs to our flat....any advice, I need to make a decision asap - I pop in 3 weeks!!! Any help much appreciated.

Katiebeau Thu 23-Jun-11 08:14:24

We just took the top off the cocoon - it worked that same as the sheepskin then.

HenriMoose Thu 23-Jun-11 09:04:22

Thanks, did it feel protective enough for a newborn?

Guildfordnanny Thu 23-Jun-11 10:33:46

I used one in another pushchair and thought it was fab. I had a July baby. To be honest it is fleece, but with the top off, or undone to one of the lower height settings it was fine. There is plenty of room for air to circulate around a newborn. I found leaving the top partially on offered some sun protection to the foot area. There is a head support cushion for a newborn too. I hesitated about buying a Bugaboo cocoon but it turned out to be one of my best buys. My son grew out of it at 9 months and he is very tall.

Katiebeau Thu 23-Jun-11 12:41:14

I never had any problem with how snug my DD was. She was tiny, in the Bee at 4 days old, almost disappeared!! But she has always been very happy with the Bee, still loves it. Not sure how she'll be when new baby goes in it!!!!

Katiebeau Thu 23-Jun-11 12:42:02

Oh and I'm not sure about the Bee plus but the Bee has "wings" which come up at the side in the middle which add a feeling of security.

Supersunnyday Thu 23-Jun-11 12:44:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nicolamumof3 Thu 23-Jun-11 13:10:52

henri we have the bee+ for our baby who is also due in just over 3w. I really wanted to use my micralite with a carrycot but the new design is not out yet, so looking increasingly likely we will have to use bee+ straight away.

I have therefore bought a cocoon, I think it could be lined with a muslin to make it less sweaty itms, and as others have said the top does zip off.

katiebeau bee+ is without the wings so it can be quite open for a newborn, which is why i preferred the cocoon over a sheepskin. Am still dithering whether to buy a new bowron tho as well!

Really want a cc tho if im honest.

Katiebeau Thu 23-Jun-11 13:16:18

Ah, yes the wings work to add security definitely.

But just to clarify the fleece isn't sweaty at all. It's cooler in the summer than the base mattress in a lot of prams. Also I was told for the new Bee + somehow means the baby is lying flat.

I loved the Cam Super but so many people told me their babies hated the carrycot arrangement I was worried so I got the Bee! hmm I love my Bee but the Bee + has a lot of differences in design.

mamaesi Thu 23-Jun-11 13:37:55

bee plus was the best baby purchase ever.. cocoon is more than cosy enough my newborn loved it and she was tiny!

with the cocoon the baby is flat too!

HenriMoose Thu 23-Jun-11 20:04:37

Thanks everyone, really appreciate your views...think I'm going to go with it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now