Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Wiltshire!

(13 Posts)
McDreamy Wed 23-Sep-09 15:50:10

I have posted on the possibility of moving to various other locations in the UK but last week we decided that moving the family to Wiltshire (my home town) as for the best after finding out that DH will be pretty mobile for the next 6 years.

So over the weekend we viewed a house, put an offer on it and it's been accepted - so back to Wiltshire we come!

Although I come from there I have not been a parent there so I am looking for some top tips! I have been offered places for the children in Chippenham and a village just outside Devizes.

Can anyone offer any local information for parents? Mumsnet meet ups? smile

FimboFortuna Wed 23-Sep-09 15:52:55

I think you need the fishy persona.

Good luck with the move btw! smile

McDreamy Wed 23-Sep-09 16:30:05

thank you, I can't wait!!

oopsacoconut Wed 23-Sep-09 16:36:38

How old are your children?

oopsacoconut Wed 23-Sep-09 16:53:11

okay just peeked at your profile. There is an amazing Children's centre in Devizes it offers under1s group, BF support group, Childrens cafe, Free, sign and sign classes, free music with Mummy. There is also Swimming at the leisure centre and a number of toddler groups. Chippenham also has a childrens centre but not sure about the services it offers. Bradford on Avon has a great little pool which offers the best swimming options for little ones. Most villages have a toddler group too.

I am Devizes area based.

Elk Wed 23-Sep-09 17:00:12

Coral Cove in Devizes is a good soft play centre. We travel 25 mins to get there rather than 2 other closer ones.

McDreamy Wed 23-Sep-09 17:00:28

Wow I had no idea glad I came on here!! Thanks oops, sounds great! DD and I are starting a 6 week sign language course here tomorrow so I was keen to see if we could continue it when we move.

McDreamy Wed 23-Sep-09 17:01:27

Now I have been to Coral Cove on occasion when visiting friends, thought it was quite good

JulesB21 Wed 23-Sep-09 19:18:52

Weird I've just moved from Chippenham, if you get involved with the sure start progam you'll meet loads of other mums and they have some brilliant craft and play groups. The swimming pool is always a bit cold but Bradford on Avon and Bath is lovely (defo try out Bath).
On a Friday morning there is a lovely music session in the local library too.
Good luck

McDreamy Wed 23-Sep-09 20:59:25

Have you moved far Jules?

McDreamy Thu 24-Sep-09 18:14:16

Anyone else local?

rosieposey Fri 02-Oct-09 12:27:53

Hey McDreamy - how are you getting along? Haven't seen you on the fabfebbers thread in a while. Congrats on your move. We put in an offer on a new build in N Swindon 5 weeks ago and are just about to exchange contracts so really excited (although will miss W Swindon). Let me know when you are going to be in the vicinity and we can arrange a meet up if you like

Mcdreamy Mon 19-Oct-09 09:41:08

Hi Rosie - congrats on your house purchase! Our purchase seems to be going to plan. Have found a school for the children too which is fab! Just waiting for an exchange date and we can start making some real plans! Can't wait smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now