Talk

Advanced search

Units Online and DIY Kitchens

(4 Posts)
muckylittlepaws Tue 04-Apr-17 18:41:16

I'm just wondering whether anyone has looked at both of these companies? I know that DIY Kitchens gets good reviews on here but the principle of Units Online look similar and they also provide a planning service. Are the units similarly priced? I had a quick browse and Units Online seemed more expensive but I'm not sure if I was comparing like for like.

Any info greatly appreciated!

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 04-Apr-17 19:38:35

You need to send each the same plan and ask for similar styles so you truly can compare like for like .

sorenipples Tue 04-Apr-17 19:48:43

Diy kitchens do their own brand door which are cheaper. They both do second nature , although units online offer a wider selection as well as other brands.

I think they are pretty much the same when comparing like for like, but you can do your own check. There are some differences in service, units online offer any depth for cupboards and appear to be more approachable about bespoke units. Diy kitchens have the cheaper in house innova range , offer bespoke colours and also do worktops.

I haven't used either yet, but am leaning towards units online.

namechangedtoday15 Tue 04-Apr-17 20:45:44

I have used both. Bought a DIY kitchen (Luca Matt White) about 2.5 years ago with the intention of re-using it and adding to it when we had an extension. By the time we'd had the extension, wanted a more traditional style and wanted a particular feature on the doors and couldn't get that from DIY - so went with Units Online (have a Burbidge kitchen).

There was a big difference in cost (units online more expensive) - due in some respects to more units and that Units Online kitchen has solid wood doors.

Agree with pp that Units Online were geared up for bespoke options (I had 2 bespoke doors) and the customer service was brilliant. Tony who I dealt with would email / call me within a couple of hours of emailing to answer queries, nothing was too much trouble both before and after ordering. I asked an awful lot of questions, sent him photos of what i wanted, upteen emails. DIY Kitchens usually took a few days to respond to emails and weren't (at the time) able to offer anything beyond the norm. I got the impression DIY Kitchens were massive and I rarely spoke to the same person twice. At Units Online, I felt like they offered almost a personal service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now