Talk

Advanced search

Fitted wardrobes

(8 Posts)
JCleRoux Mon 10-Oct-16 21:20:50

We just bought a new build and have to install our own wardrobes in all the bedrooms (three bedrooms). The rooms are not that big and I am finding places like Sharps are just so expensive!

Any ideas where I could go for reasonably priced fitted wardrobes in London?

Thank you in advance smile

HereIAm20 Mon 10-Oct-16 21:58:49

See if you can find a local carpenter. We used S C Carpentry in Cambridge. Half the price!! I don't know if they travel into London

JCleRoux Mon 10-Oct-16 22:16:36

Thanks Here. I will have a look at them and also see if I can't find anyone more local.

I suppose they could also help with flooring and painting?

SeratoninIsMyFriend Mon 10-Oct-16 22:21:35

Not much cheaper but a bit nicer (plainer) were John Lewis. No carpenters would even bother giving us a quote, I think it was a tricky job they wanted to avoid (pitched roof)!

jigster01 Mon 10-Oct-16 22:25:30

We were going to go fitted right across chimney and alcoves but we have high ceilings (2.65m) and it was working out expensive.We popped into furniture village and they do the 'high five 'wardrobe .Basically you can choose any width in 5cm increments and they come and fit it for you .We have ordered a 140cm and a 125cm it will fit snuggly in each alcove ,it's 2.3m high .I will just put storage baskets on top.On sale atm

Crumbelina Tue 11-Oct-16 09:43:05

I never thought I'd use them, but Screwfix (of all places!) have great fitted wardrobes. We went for a sliding glass range in white and a run of between 3-4 metres covering an alcove cost between £500-600. It was back in 2011 I think but I'd expect that they're still very reasonable. We installed rail and shelves ourselves but we were happy to do that given that Sliderobes quoted us around £5k for a fully fitted sliding glass wardrobe!

namechangedtoday15 Tue 11-Oct-16 10:38:34

We've just had an extension and are planning IKEA PAX wardrobes as the carcasses (their internal fittings are great), and then paying our builder (joiner) to build additional cupboards to sit on top (so they are truly floor to ceiling) and frame them, and then I'm getting made to measure doors from local timber merchant. If you google IKEA PAX hacks, you'll see how they can be "customised". A way of getting wardrobes to fit your space at about half the cost of Sharps!

JCleRoux Tue 11-Oct-16 21:35:42

Thanks jig will pop into furniture village at the weekend. I couldn't see anything in Screwfix Crumbs... Thanks for the website name, really good ideas there, all the cupboard look expensive too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now