dulux colour mixing at homebase or dulux trade?

(8 Posts)
movingonup2015 Sat 15-Aug-15 18:19:19

I'm in the process of painting my hallway I picked up some endurance timeless and polished pebble but the paint is awful to use and leaves a shiny finish which I didn't want as I chose matt. So does anyone know if the mix labs at homebase will offer the same shiny finish if I go for the scrubbale finish or do I go to my decorating trade centre?

When I went to the trade place before the colours had different names to the retail paints so they said the only thing they could do was try to colour match the colour I already had which I didn't want to do as it's not an exact true match.

Any thoughts please?

Lagoonablue Sat 15-Aug-15 18:21:31

Matt is matt. Endurance Is scrubbable and not quite so matt. Silk is shiny.

WhatKatyDidnt Sat 15-Aug-15 20:07:46

Dulux trade centres will definitely do polished pebble and timeless. We used trade matt vinyl and it's not shiny at all and can be wiped clean.

chelle792 Sat 15-Aug-15 20:10:50

Try valspar eggshell. It's really good. My OH swears by it (painter and decorator)

Mrsladybirdface Sun 16-Aug-15 09:06:04

We have endurance matt polished pebble and there is not even a touch of shiny to it!

Lagoonablue Sun 16-Aug-15 10:06:50

I have Matt emulsion on kitchen walls. Never again. Going eggshell all the way next time.

AndThisIsTrue Sun 16-Aug-15 10:09:59

Homebase don't mix endurance only matt, silk etc. Or at least they didn't when I worked there a few years ago. The dulux colours are the same ones you would get in a dulux trade place though so you should be able to get them mixed.

onebrokegirl Sun 16-Aug-15 18:19:59

Homebase will now mix Endurance. I had some Night Jewels Endurance mixed by them last weekend and it matched perfectly the tester I got from the Dulux Decorators Centre. It is completely matt, definitely no shine to it.

I also picked up some Polished Pebble standard Endurance last weekend - also not at all shiny. Perhaps double-check your tin, as it sounds odd that a matt paint would be coming up shiny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now