Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have experience of NatWest mortgage applications?

(25 Posts)
FinallyLearntToBudget Fri 19-Jun-15 09:41:49

Have just put in an application for a mortgage with NatWest through a mortgage broker and read here that some people have waited a while. Anyone have experiences to share, or is the process (with all banks) a bit random?

Have never applied for a mortgage before so just wondering how long it might take. My mortgage broker suggested they should take about 4-5 days.

ToBeeOrNot Fri 19-Jun-15 13:02:10

We had no issues at all, all done v. quickly, applied Tuesday, offer by Friday if I remember correctly. My current account was already with Natwest however, although it was a joint application with my partner who had no history with them.

ToBeeOrNot Fri 19-Jun-15 13:02:39

Offer subject to survey that was, we had the survey completed and offer in full the following week.

FinallyLearntToBudget Fri 19-Jun-15 13:15:54

Thanks ToBee that's music to my ears. Especially as my current account is also with them!

Fingers crossed ours goes as smoothly <nervous emoticon>

ToBeeOrNot Fri 19-Jun-15 13:20:12

The worst thing is when you get the mortgage they automatically add it to your online banking so every time you log on you can see how little it's gone down!

StonedGalah Fri 19-Jun-15 13:35:50

We remortgaged with them recently. I'm a bit tricky as on a visa that was due to expire and had to apply for ILR. They were really good, I'm happy enough with them (and they increased the value of our house so got a great deal due to ltv ratio smile)

CrispyFB Fri 19-Jun-15 14:21:42

Took out a 95% HTB (first time buyers) mortgage with them earlier this year - we applied in March and completed in May. There was little delay really, maybe a week until it was looked at, and 4-5 working days for them to look at any requested documentation which only happened once. There was then a further 6 working day wait for the survey to happen. I think it was around 5-6 weeks from application to full offer. We completed in two months from offering on the place so not that bad really (chain free)

No banking with NatWest for either of us.

Good luck!

FinallyLearntToBudget Fri 19-Jun-15 14:45:11

Thanks all - that's really helpful and encouraging. Apparently NatWest only do surveys after they've provisionally approved the application, so I just hope our sellers are patient. The agent won't put the property as 'under offer' until the surveyors have gone in. Nervous period hoping higher offer viewers don't come along.

ToBee I can just imagine! I check my online banking almost daily too hmm

Agrestic Fri 19-Jun-15 16:33:33

I'm with them, took about 4 weeks from applying to full offer smile

Spydra Fri 19-Jun-15 16:39:45

I had a long 6 week wait (and then a decline because my broker hadn't declared my student loan payments!) Hope you have better luck!

FinallyLearntToBudget Fri 19-Jun-15 18:06:41

Ouch Spydra. What happens when an application is rejected, can you just apply again?

Roseybee10 Sun 21-Jun-15 18:57:25

Ours took forever with Natwest !!!

fhdl34 Sun 21-Jun-15 19:06:46

Ours was very quick, agreed subject to survey within 24hrs, survey following week and formal offer not long after however they said they sent it out but mortgage advisor had to chase it because we didn't receive it so if you haven't heard back within 2-3 days get your broker to chase it. My solicitor also did not receive a response from them on a separate query and kept chasing; in the end I rang them and they'd be replied 2 weeks previously but again it didn't get through

froggers1 Sun 21-Jun-15 19:14:44

Awful for us..we already had a mortgage with them. All we were doing was changing address. Took weeks and lots if phone calls, lack of communication. Will never go with them again...

TurnOverTheTv Sun 21-Jun-15 19:17:50

We have two mortgages with them, all done and dusted within 4-5 weeks. Online application you can see everything being ticked off as its done which is great. We had a survey done on a property last Monday and had the offer by 5pm.

YaTalkinToMe Sun 21-Jun-15 19:20:15

I have one going through at the moment and was warned by the broker that Natwest was a lender who was known for taking longer than others (he checked this with me to see if it would be a problem).

DoloresLandingham Sun 21-Jun-15 20:57:46

Ours took a while but came through OK in the end. Bear in mind that you will have to use a solicitor from their approved panel for your conveyancing.

FinallyLearntToBudget Mon 22-Jun-15 08:34:35

Dolores is that true? Our broker didn't mention anything about they and we've already instructed a solicitor...

Rootvegetables Mon 22-Jun-15 10:27:58

It was a few months ago for us but one of the reasons our broker suggested them was as there wait for a surveyor was less than other places. It all happened without a hitch.

littlecupcake Mon 22-Jun-15 11:25:46

We are in the process of moving and have a first time buyer at the bottom of the chain who is using Natwest for her mortgage. She had her mortgage survey done and SIX WEEKS later she is still waiting for the written offer to come through. Apparently she works overseas for the government and Natwest needs to speak to someone in her HR department to confirm something in her application was 'true and accurate'. I was promised last week that the mortgage offer would be faced through on Friday but there was no sign of it when I called after 5pm. Based on this experience, I wouldn't recommend them, especially if there is anyone in your chain who is in a rush.

DoloresLandingham Mon 22-Jun-15 11:41:04

Finally it was for us. We used London and Country brokers and they informed us of the condition before the offer was issued. I suggest that you check urgently with the broker. It's quite possible that your solicitor is on the approved panel anyway.

FinallyLearntToBudget Mon 22-Jun-15 12:10:58

Thanks Dolores will check with him.

Little sorry about that, that sounds a bit tortuous.

Glad yours went smoothly at least Root!

fhdl34 Mon 22-Jun-15 16:09:00

We didn't have to use an approved solicitor, we used a local firm

LizLemon Mon 22-Jun-15 17:33:22

We used them and they were great. The offer came through quickly, though there was a little delay in their surveyor coming out. We also had to extend our offer twice because of various holdups, and they had no problem with doing that either time.

All banks have a 'panel' of approved solicitors. Most firms will be on most panels, so no need to panic. My friends had an issue with their solicitor, who was one woman working alone, and refused to deal with the particular bank they wanted for their mortgage so they switched, but this is pretty unusual. You'd have heard by now from your solicitor if they weren't on the panel.

FinallyLearntToBudget Mon 22-Jun-15 17:52:58

Good to hear fhd and Liz - very encouraging!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now