Advanced search

Ikea new kitchen cataglogue now on their website

(18 Posts)
VoiceoversSoundSmug Sun 02-Feb-14 21:02:06

No need to look at the Egypt site.

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 02-Feb-14 21:19:56

Cool !! Thanks !

MrsJamin Mon 03-Feb-14 06:19:25

link! browsing now... How do you rate it oneplan?

OnePlanOnHouzz Mon 03-Feb-14 09:22:58

Well is not bad - but not quite as good as I'd hoped !! ( in terms of the size possibilities for planning !) glad they have kept some of the same door styles -albeit with different names !!

VoiceoversSoundSmug Mon 03-Feb-14 11:13:03

I was up till 2am planning with the new kitchen blush grin

iggymama Mon 03-Feb-14 13:09:33

I am steeling myself to try and plan my new kitchen, but my head is exploding with the choices.

Would love a nosy look at yours when you have done it. <cheeky>

fussychica Mon 03-Feb-14 17:02:34

Disappointed - still no suitable sizing options for our v small U shaped kitchen. I fear it's going to be just new door fronts and worktop for mesad

PrimalLass Mon 03-Feb-14 17:03:26

I am pleased there is a 20-wide cupboard. Not for my kitchen, for somewhere else grin

iggymama Mon 03-Feb-14 22:03:33

Fussy, why not post a plan of your kitchen, maybe someone can suggest a way around your problems. Could you perhaps use the shallow base units on one side?

VoiceoversSoundSmug Tue 04-Feb-14 01:31:54

I went into the Wembley branch today, we cut through and it was quiet apart from the carnage in the Kitchen department. They were part way through finishing off building the new units and people were like bee's around a honeypot ordering the new kitchens.

I recommend going into store. There is very little space between the floor and the bottom of the units, they seem higher to me also.

I only need a few unit's. I agree put your plan up and we will see if we can help you.

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 04-Feb-14 09:11:49

Last night I thought I'd have a free day today to go look - but more work has just come in :-( so can't ! ( I'm just over an hour away from my nearest store !)
Happy to go over anyone's plans to check they are safe by the way ! Just pm me for the email address of find me on Houzz !

fussychica Tue 04-Feb-14 15:39:52

Thanks guys - not sure how to do that. We have had kitchen people out but they all say it's the best it can be layout wise. Unfortunately bespoke units are required so we're talking silly money. Was hoping there would be a wider range of corner unit sizes as that's where all the problems stem from.

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 04-Feb-14 21:24:29

have you got enough storage to not have corner cabinets if that's a problem ?! ie void the corners if it means getting a better design ?!

fussychica Thu 06-Feb-14 11:02:59

No One it's so small at least one corner unit is vital - we currently have two - I'm willing to give up one for a slimline dishwasher with a void but can't do two.

SoulJacker Thu 06-Feb-14 14:54:20

Wondering how the GRYTNÄS compares with the ÄDEL off white. We have an ÄDEL kitchen but were thinking of constructing a matching dresser type arrangement round the corner (L-shaped room) and wondering if the match would be close enough.

Slippysnow Thu 06-Feb-14 16:49:50

I'm finding ikea planning very tricky. I was wondering if anyone can help especially after my terrible experience in store!
We have selected a corner cabinet with a carousel only issue is there are a few pipes that are connected to the combi boiler which run vertically down the back which may need to be cut into the corner unit with carousel is this possible?

Also is it safe to have a wall cabinet over a electric ceramic hob the man said it was I'm unsure?

OnePlanOnHouzz Thu 06-Feb-14 17:31:04

first off - no to corner carousel if you need to cut pipes in .. will need to be a shelf unit rather than whirligig ... second - no its not safe to have a wall cabinet over an electric hob ! what was he thinking !! you will need a minimum clearance of 650mm above an electric hob and idealy the first thing at that height should be an extractor hood not a combustible wall cabinet !!! side wall units shouldn't overlap the hob either ! I'm happy to safety check your plans for you FOC - just PM me for the email address to send them to !

VoiceoversSoundSmug Thu 06-Feb-14 23:53:35

Was he telling you that you could put a unit in what fits the extractor fan?

I wouldn't get that long 128 corner unit, it is far too big to get anything out of the far end even with the device they have there is not a lot of storage on them and things fall off and get stuck behind the device. I am considering using a 80cm unit and rigging it up so that only one door can be opened and 20cm is recessed.

What you can do is place an over fridge/freezer unit under the work surface and leave an empty space where your pipes are, rather than cutting up units?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now