Talk

Advanced search

Siemens, Neff or Bosch- which is best?

(24 Posts)
DIddled Mon 21-Oct-13 21:30:34

For ovens, dishwashers and hobs please? Looking at lists for each- completely bamboozled!!! Quality more important than price as it will have to last!!! Thanks.

kmdesign Mon 21-Oct-13 22:00:20

There is no difference. Bosch is value positioned, Neff no-nonsense and Siemens design/efficiency led.

If you are having a more traditional kitchen Neff looks better if contemporary Siemens and if you dont care about looks Bosch.

DIddled Mon 21-Oct-13 22:02:35

Wouldn't say Bosch is cheap- I am looking at a built in logixx double oven which retails at £1000? thanks for the info.

fresh Mon 21-Oct-13 22:13:20

Personally I like Neff ovens. Have used them for 30 years now as am old gimmer, and only ever had one repair on a 12-year old oven. I think Bosch are stronger in laundry. Can't comment on those brands for hobs as have had a Smeg gas 5-burner for the 13 years and it's still going strong.
If you have space for a double oven, could you make space for a single plus a combi microwave. Neff again. Covers all the options.

bundaberg Mon 21-Oct-13 22:16:39

i would go Miele as first choice (i know that wasn't on your list lol)
followed by Bosch

we got the lower end Bosch appliances when we moved here 7.5 years ago... all still going strong

imme Mon 21-Oct-13 22:18:15

Don't they all come from the same factory anyway?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSH_Bosch_und_Siemens_Hausgeräte

DIddled Mon 21-Oct-13 22:18:23

I think a double is only option. I can source a discount otherwise they would all be out of my price range. I think I need to have a good read and a think. More opinions welcome and thanks for responses to date.

DramaAlpaca Mon 21-Oct-13 22:23:16

Funnily enough I have just ordered a new dishwasher this evening. It had to be a Bosch - I have had my current one for over 18 years and it has never gone wrong (until recently) - so when I was choosing a new one I didn't even consider another make.

I've had my Neff double oven for 12 years & it's still going strong.

When my last washing machine gave up the ghost the repair man who told me it wasn't fixable it suggested I replace it with a Siemens as in his experience they are very reliable. I took his advice & I'm very happy with my machine.

My policy when buying home appliances is to go for a fairly basic model of a good brand such as Bosch, Siemens or Neff (or Miele if I could afford it!) so that you get fewer fancy features which could go wrong, but hopefully you get the reliability that these brands are known for.

Willdoitinaminute Mon 21-Oct-13 22:27:25

I have Bosch oven with pyrolytic cleaning. Best buy ever. Once every 6mnths set cleaning programme, 2 hours later quick wipe to remove dust and oven is clean. Reminds me needs doing this month.

myron Mon 21-Oct-13 23:42:40

If money was no object, Miele wins hands down - I have a washing machine & vacuum cleaner and they are built to last! Sadly, the real world means that my budget only reached series 4/5 of Neff appliances.

Suttonmum1 Tue 22-Oct-13 00:16:12

I have a lot of Neff from one retailer and one advantage is that I bought an extended warranty offered by Neff which was much cheaper per appliance than if I had policies with various different suppliers/manufacturers

Suttonmum1 Tue 22-Oct-13 00:16:57

Also pyrolytic ovens are fab.

kmdesign Tue 22-Oct-13 06:16:48

Bosch Neff and Siemens are all made in the same factory and have the same parent company so their reliability is the same.

With Siemens you will get a very clean interface and nicer look, with Neff a no-nonsense interface and a simpler look and with Bosch its function over form. Bosch is a predominantly freestanding brand, Neff is built in only and Siemens do both. Because of their positioning, Siemens gets the nice features and the lack of fancy features keeps Bosch relatively cheaper. Each brand has its niche so gets some exclusive features. Neff gets the slide-away doors on their ovens, Siemens gets the Zeolith drying on dishwashers.

A £1000 Bosch double oven has got to be their top spec oven and you will find a similar spec double from Neff or Siemens to be about 5-7% dearer.

If your budget permits, Miele is the one to have. If not BSH appliances are all good stuff.

MrsCinnamon Tue 22-Oct-13 06:35:49

We have a Bosch dishwasher, wasching machine and tumble drier, and Neff oven and hob. We're happy with all of them.
Dishwasher - some are cheaper becausd they have a plastic lower bit. If you want allround stainless steel it costs more.
Oven - we have a huge single oven and whenever I bake several things together it hasn't been an issue. We had a massive range cooker before and never used the second oven.
The hob is stainless steel and this I regret, for cosmetic reasons. The front bit is fairly scratched already because I put down my spoons there. What I like is that all gas "buttons" are on top, out of toddler reach. The oven buttons are sunk in, you can hide them and prevent them being turned by little fingers.
We bought all from JL because they came with 5 year guarantee and their delivery service is fab.

williaminajetfighter Tue 22-Oct-13 06:36:25

Miele then Bosch. I have both. Excellent but Miele best...

roguepixie Tue 22-Oct-13 06:56:02

I have a NEFF oven and hob. Hob is 5 ring gas (usual type etc) and the oven is electric with pyrolytic cleaning - best thing ever smile.

Dishwasher is Miele. Did have Bosch but it died after 5 years (not impressed with longevity). Miele is brilliant: really really quiet, fantastic cleaning. It was very expensive but due to MrPixie's ability to find a bargain we managed to find it nearly £200 cheaper than it was at JL.

MrsJohnDeere Tue 22-Oct-13 07:43:25

I bought a Neff oven, hob and warming drawer last year and will never buy their stuff again. Endless problems with the oven (door kept falling off) and their customer service was some of the worst I've ever encountered.

Miele for dishwashers - love mine!

wonkylegs Tue 22-Oct-13 08:14:00

We've just bought a house which has all Neff kitchen appliances. The only one I rate is the double oven which is fantastic and would have one again.
The dishwasher is rubbish at cleaning and the layout is awkward (it's a few years old mind). I have an amazing miele brought from our old house in the garage which will be coming back in once the new kitchen is fitted (thankfully soon)
The fridge & freezer are tiny undercounter ones which are a bit useless and the fridge seems to freeze stuff no matter what temperature I put it at. (will be replacing with one chosen from the Which? Best buy tables.
The hob is hard to start (I know it's a safety feature but it's not a very reliable one) and the hob supports are awful. You cannot use small pans as they fall off and even large ones must be exactly central or they wobble & tip. I've heard the other Neff hobs have the same pan support problems so will not be going with that again. The cooker hood is efficient but noisy so will be looking for one with a lower dB rating.
I have had a Bosch dishwasher before and it was fine & pretty indestructible however I'd never go back after buying a miele one, same goes for my vacuum cleaner.
I do have a Bosch Logixx washing machine and that is good. It's good at washing, gentle on clothes and is fantastically quiet.

georgie22 Tue 22-Oct-13 08:26:23

We have a Siemens gas job, oven and dishwasher. Had them for 7 years with no problems. They are fantastic in performance in my opinion.

MrsAlwaysRight Wed 23-Oct-13 13:12:56

We have a Bosch washing machine and Siemens dishwasher, hob, oven, steam oven and coffee machine. Pleased with all of them.

MrsTaraPlumbing Wed 23-Oct-13 16:52:47

I have neff & bosch.
such good experience I would always go for this brand and I am sure that a £350-£400 BOSCH washing machine would work out better value by lasting far longer than cheaper products.

I have never felt I want to spend as much as a Meile - so I do not know in what way they are worth the price.

DIddled Wed 23-Oct-13 22:23:02

Thanks so much for your input. I have decided on Bosch as the Neff oven that I needed (built under) is apparently huge and hard to fit in!! Having the top o the range logixx dishwasher- the other items are mid range as they don't do the top range logixx in a built under double oven. I am happy with it so that's all good.

juliabaybe2013xx Tue 11-Feb-14 15:27:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LINDYLOO1965 Wed 28-Dec-16 13:08:00

i have siemens appliances in my kitchen , i brought the whole range, three have gone wrong within two years ,dishwasher, microwave oven, and a tumble dryer, not good quality anymore and customer service is terrible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now