Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used Wickes for a bathroom installation?

(10 Posts)
Joanne101030 Tue 13-Aug-13 21:06:31

Hi, we are about to splash out (no pun intended!) on a new bathroom and just used Wickes design and then will be using their installation service. But have heard a few stories about them and are now getting cold feet.

Has anyone used them please and can let me know if they are OK? We are going via the Harlow branch.

Clargo55 Tue 13-Aug-13 22:17:42

Bumping, interested to know.

PukousMucous Wed 14-Aug-13 10:06:23

I did. They were fine. I haven't had any problems one year on. And they were cheerful.

Ezza1 Wed 14-Aug-13 10:52:18

Pukous - what did installation with Wickes cost, if you don't mind me asking?

Joanne101030 Wed 14-Aug-13 20:22:43

Got to get it finalised but not too bad the same as the independent firms charge but with a two year guarantee. For a main bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath and ensure with a fancy walk in shower. Including remain and refilling around 10k for both.

PukousMucous Thu 15-Aug-13 16:29:34

Gah, I don't mind you asking but I can't remember at all. I know that I got a couple of other quotes and they were very favourable. Also I think I bought the bathroom and got a discount on installation. They did my kitchen at the same time which is also great so may have got said discount cos I got both at the same time. That said there is always one deal or another with wickes. And if there isn't one now I'd hold out for one because it knocked £500 off the price if I recall.

None of that was terribly helpful, sorry.

We have and are very pleased with the bathroom, but it took a fair bit of faffing at the time. The design man priced it all up for us etc, knocked it down a bit etc, all great - but didn't tell us until several weeks later that the tiles (which were listed on the original design etc) had to be paid for in addition. Then he hadn't measured it properly so there weren't enough tiles when it came to fitting them, and he'd also ordered the wrong sized bath panel. Then the fitting took several days more than we'd been told, so we were without a bath and shower for an entire week (had to beg to use friends' ones, go to the swimming pool etc).

I was quite pissed off tbh and although we complained, they didn't really care and didn't even give us a couple of pounds worth of vouchers or anything. For that reason, I wouldn't use them again - even though the room itself is really nice.

Donkey0aty Thu 19-Oct-17 08:21:46

Hi

I've only joined to answer this. I know its old, but just in case anyone uses it as guide to Wickes. Please please if you do nothing else and value your sanity, do not have anything to do with Wickes. Our experience has been appalling and has seen us 6 months without a useable toilet, bath or shower. Its still not complete and we've had to stop the 2nd, yes 2nd attempt (the 1st was so bad it had to be ripped out again) at installation due to incompetent fitters, who have not only incorrectly fitted items, but damaged as yet unused bathroom furniture and damaged other items in our house. Please ensure you don't just ask here, but look at reviews in other places, all the evidence is there, I wish we had. Good luck

Bluntness100 Thu 19-Oct-17 16:34:06

We used them for our kitchen and I have to say the guys were fantastic, as was the service. When we have our bathroom done I will use them again.

Bluntness100 Thu 19-Oct-17 16:46:40

Oh zombie thread...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now