Talk

Advanced search

Bosch Vs Neff for kitchen appliances

(12 Posts)
OrangeSunset Tue 16-Apr-13 08:48:15

Researching kitchen appliances for our new kitchen, and getting tied in knots with all the reviews. We're after a single oven, steam oven and induction hob.

Anyone got any experiance with Bosch and Neff appliances?
I think Bosch are quite new to cooking appliances, but we have their washing machine and dryer and they are fab.
Any models to avoid? General opinion on the two?

Rattitude Tue 16-Apr-13 09:21:03

I can't comment on Neff appliances but my Mum renovated her kitchen last year and got 3 Bosch appliances: pyrolitic oven, dishwasher and induction hob.

The first two are fine. Re. Induction hobs, be aware that with Bosch (and Siemens for that matter), the pans need to be the same diameter as the ring at least. If that is not the case, the pan is not recognised and does not get heated, which is rubbish if you want to heat two small pans at the same time. Some other brands are better; Neff might be.

OrangeSunset Tue 16-Apr-13 20:33:02

Thanks, that's the kind of into that you don't get to see in the reviews.

Neff it is, I think. Maybe Bosch are better for washing/drying stuff. Our Bosch dishwasher is excellent.

Shattereddreams Tue 16-Apr-13 22:23:38

Neff is ace. My oven cleans itself. My dishwasher is amazeballs.

PigletJohn Wed 17-Apr-13 04:12:17

Neff is a brand name owned by Bosch, mostly used for their cookers.

So the question doesn't work.

OrangeSunset Wed 17-Apr-13 11:09:14

Ok, I see.

After even more research, it seems that the brands are not consistent - one Neff oven can be great, but a similar but different one is awful.

So, anyone bought a good oven lately?! Would like stainless steel, pyrolytic, single conventional oven.

PigletJohn Wed 17-Apr-13 11:38:17

recent "Which" best buy single ovens (pyrolitic, best first, no budget specified, can't specify "conventional") that look stainless in the photos

Neff
B16P42NOGB
£830
83% score

John Lewis
JLBIOS613
£549
83%

Zanussi
ZOP37902XK
£345
80%

AEG
BP5304001M Pyroluxe Plus
£709
79%

you can read Which reviews free in your local library.

fresh Wed 17-Apr-13 11:45:24

Have had Neff cookers for years. Have just replaced 2 12-year old ones. We got a single multifunction and a combi microwave. Both have pyrolitic cleaning which is utterly wonderful.

Also have Bosch washing machine, and I agree with you that Bosch has more experience in laundry and Neff in cooking. They are owned by the same company, but the separate brands have concentrated on different areas historically. (I used to deal with them commercially).

poppy1973 Wed 17-Apr-13 11:56:03

Bosch - we have tried other makes but find that Bosch in our opinion our the best. I have just gone and got a new Bosch oven - which I love.

Also purchased a different type of dishwasher - I keep getting problems with it and can't wait until the warranty is up so that I can replace with a new Bosch dishwasher.

PigletJohn Wed 17-Apr-13 12:41:47

The Neff factory still exists, and still makes cookers within the Bosch group. I don't know if they make other things in the Neff factory, or if they also make cookers in other factories within the group. Probably they do.

britishbakeoff Wed 17-Apr-13 13:48:59

I have a Neff single oven with the slideaway door, which is fabulous, and a compact combi above it which I use for most things. I'd recommend both and got them 'unboxed' from somewhere called Roy Waring South, much cheaper but brand new and just as good and with the usual manufacturer's 2-year guarantee.

juliabaybe2013xx Tue 11-Feb-14 14:54:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now