Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for primary schools in Angmering / rustington?!

(6 Posts)
Worriedwoe Fri 02-Sep-16 08:39:51

Will be an in year move for my children so my choice will probably be pretty limited!
Interested mainly in the catholic schools, st Wilfred's and st catherines as they already attend a catholic primary so would be more familiar to them.
Many thanks for any tips! X

JJ1471 Sat 03-Sep-16 14:07:24

My children have spent a few years at St Margaret's in Angmering. It's a lovely school, a nice community feel, and we felt that their learning was well supported. Our only issues with the school is that from Year 3 the class sizes are very large (37+ children in a class) and due to staff shortages and difficulty in recruiting teachers there was a bit of inconsistency with some classes being taught by lots of different teachers over a year. It's worth knowing that there is a lot of new housing being built in the area so I'm not sure how that will affect the local schools, St Margaret's is already quite a large primary school but as far as I know there's currently no problem getting in if you are in catchment, St Wilfred's is much smaller but I don't know anything else about it I'm afraid. Hope that helps!

Worriedwoe Sat 03-Sep-16 23:37:08

Thanks ever so much - I had overlooked this one as Church of England rather than catholic!
Can I ask what secondary kids tend to go onto from here?
As apparently from the catholic ones they either go to philip howard in barnham or another in goring smile

JJ1471 Sun 04-Sep-16 10:08:00

It is Church of England and it does have very strong ties with the church, but we aren't church goers, and it's not selective at all. I think they generally tend to go on to the Angmering School or perhaps one of the ones in Worthing, there's quite a few, I think that Davisons is quite popular for girls (single sex school)

JJ1471 Sun 04-Sep-16 10:17:15

If you use Facebook there's an Angmering Parents & Carers group which is very active, you might find that you get a good response there about the other schools

Worriedwoe Sun 04-Sep-16 12:09:47

Ah thanks for that, I will look into whether there are places at that school.
I'm asking a lot wanting a reception and year 1 place I know!!
I have a horrible feeling none with have spaces sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now