Bevington Primary School - RBKC

(7 Posts)
Sawdustgirl Sun 21-Feb-16 21:41:34

I'm looking at this school, but I can't find any 'unofficial' information about it - only Ofsted and their own website.

Anyone know anything about it?

IsaNaidoo Mon 27-Jun-16 22:18:57

Hi there. I am a mother of three kids at this school and have been a governor there for five years. It's got great academic results, a relatively new (one year in) committed head who is bringing fresh vision and ideas. The facilities are good with a focus on sports (new sports teacher completely revamped the way sports are handled), a good IT suite, art room and music room. The school has a mixed intake and a very strong early years lead. Let me know if you are after anything else. I have recently taken on the role of link governor for the community and keen to increase the profile of the school!

Isabel

kvetcher Wed 17-Aug-16 11:49:54

Hi

We are thinking of moving our 9 year old daughter there from an unserperforming school nearby
would she find it welcoming?
Us thete much longevity amongst the teaching staff? Or do they get lots of locums in?
Thanks

IsaNaidoo Sun 21-Aug-16 15:49:46

Hi. The school has had very low attrition amongst staff since the new head has taken over. We are impressed with the stability and commitment. They are also used to movement and new kids joining at all ages so dont think an issue. I would encourage you to have a chat with the head and you can ask specifically how they handle this. Hope this helps!

kvetcher Mon 22-Aug-16 11:24:42

Thanks Isabel
That's really useful.
I am slightly concerned by the preponderance of one ethnicity/religion- how does that feel?
I don't want to appear racist, but her present school is extremely mixed ethnically.

Kvetcher

IsaNaidoo Mon 22-Aug-16 23:48:46

Hi. It is a majority muslim school currently but this hasnt been an.issue for our kids. We arent muslim. It is a.secular community school so the education is broad and non religious. Lmk if I can help with anything further. Hope this helps .

kvetcher Tue 23-Aug-16 11:33:02

Thanks a lot- that is very helpful.
It's a big decision whether to move her out of the school she has been in for 5 years, but we are worried that the level of the teaching of maths and English she will be receiving from her year 5 teacher, who is very inexperienced, will be inadequate.

Kvetcher

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now