Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Just found out I have a subchorionic haematoma. Can anyone shed any light?

(10 Posts)
WhyTheHeckMe Sat 02-Sep-17 18:52:34

Hiya. I just had my first early reassurance scan due to previous mc. I'm 6 weeks and 2 days and baby had a heartbeat.
However the sonographer at the private clinic told me I do have a subchorionic haematoma and said I need to discuss it with my mw tomorrow.
Pic attached. Sac on the left and bleed on the right. I stupidly googled it and am now stressing over risk of mc again...
Does anyone have some experience ? Thanks

WhispersOfWickedness Sat 02-Sep-17 18:55:40

I had one with DC2, I had a small bleed at around 8 weeks, so had an early scan and it showed up, so that's where the blood had come from. Rest of the pregnancy was entirely uneventful though and an increased risk of miscarriage was not mentioned to me, so try not to worry too much smileflowers

WhyTheHeckMe Sat 02-Sep-17 21:18:08

Thanks very much for responding @whispers it means a lot smile I will try not to worry and I'm very pleased all turned out well for you despite your bleed.

SundayWellSpent Sat 02-Sep-17 22:05:16

I was diagnosed with one at 9 weeks after a pretty significant bright red bleed. I was convinced I was having a MC but found out it was a SCH. I'm 12 weeks now and the bugger is still there! I've had further scans since the diagnosis and been assured by the early pregnancy clinic that it is reasonably common. They said it should reabsorb itself at some point in the near future but for now I'm stuck with daily brown blood. I was advised to take it easy but not to take to my bed if that makes sense. There doesn't seem to be much information out there about SCH's so hopefully someone else will comment shortly with more info!
whispers it's reassuring to know it worked out for you!

WhispersOfWickedness Mon 04-Sep-17 15:12:20

No problem, fingers crossed both of your pregnancies will be equally uneventful!
As far as I can remember (nearly 7 years ago shock) the one I had had mostly reabsorbed by 12 weeks and was completely gone by the 20 week scan.
Best wishes to both of you flowers

catnoir Mon 04-Sep-17 15:21:43

I had a massive bright red bleed @ 10 weeks and was really sure I had miscarried, was told it was SCH. The bleeding continued for weeks and at 19 weeks had disappeared on ultrasound. Dd is a healthy happy 5 year old now! flowers

Imnotaslimjim Mon 04-Sep-17 15:35:14

My sister had a very large one, discovered at the 12 week scan. She had a massive bleed at 19 weeks (enough to suspect the pregnancy was ending) but a scan showed baby was fit and well and the SCH was greatly reduced. It was completely resolved by her detailed scan at 21 weeks and baby arrived at term.

PieceOfTheMoon Mon 04-Sep-17 15:59:13

I had quite a large one which was discovered at my 12 week scan. I was warned I may have some bleeding, but I didn't and it had been reabsorbed by the 20 week scan. I'm now 38 weeks and haven't had any other issues.
Congratulations on your pregnancy smile

WhyTheHeckMe Thu 30-Nov-17 09:17:26

To update on this one (as I did a lot of googling and was very worried) I am now 20 weeks and have not bled at all! At my 12w scan there was no sign of a subchorionic haematoma at all so it had been absorbed by my body :-)

Maincat Thu 30-Nov-17 17:47:00

I had one that showed up on a 7 week scan. They said I should expect some bleeding but I never actually saw any blood. I was told it was common and not to worry....which I think was good advice! Now 11 weeks x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: