Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Question about cot mattresses

(14 Posts)
daisyrosie Wed 14-Jun-17 22:44:34

My husband and I have been offered a crib, cot and Moses basket for our baby due in October. The crib is a family heirloom and very old, the cot was mine and my sister's and the Moses basket my sister bought new 10yrs ago for her first baby. We are struggling to find new mattresses to fit them. Any ideas of places to get mattresses in non standard sizes would be appreciated. Thanks.

Emma2803 Wed 14-Jun-17 22:47:34

EBay!

Lemondrop99 Wed 14-Jun-17 22:47:48

These will make made to measure in any size

babymattressesonline.co.uk

annlee3817 Wed 14-Jun-17 22:48:20

I found amazon to be quite good for odd sizes, we got our crib mattress from there as it wasn't a standard size

bonzo77 Wed 14-Jun-17 22:52:58

I've used baby MattressOnline as above before too. Really good. They'll also do the correct size fitted sheets for you at the same time.

daisyrosie Wed 14-Jun-17 23:32:36

Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at these.

OtterSpace Thu 15-Jun-17 09:12:34

The Little Green Sheep also make mattresses in any size in natural materials.

My DD sleeps on one (standard size not a custom one though) and they are great.

RoseVase2010 Thu 15-Jun-17 12:26:00

Our Moses basket was a family heirloom and I ended up cutting the foot end of a Moses basket mattress to fit.

MoanaofMotunui Thu 15-Jun-17 12:28:28

I second eBay, if you type in "crib mattress" or "cot mattress" many sellers have a drop down on their listings with loads of different sizes 🙂

FeelingForSnow Thu 15-Jun-17 20:03:31

I'm for babymattressesonline too. We've got a crib that has been used by 5 generations. I cut out the shape and send it off. I received my mattress 2 days after sending off the template.

PragmaticWench Thu 15-Jun-17 20:06:50

Just as a note about the crib and for and not about mattresses, do check that the spacing between any bars isn't bigger than the legal recommended spacing. Laws around this have been introduced to prevent injury or death but older furniture may not comply.

Don't want to sound all doom and gloom but not everyone knows and it's best to be safe.

PragmaticWench Thu 15-Jun-17 20:07:41

Agree about Little Green Sheep mattresses, they are fantastic.

FeelingForSnow Thu 15-Jun-17 21:22:59

@PragmaticWench
Could you tell more about this please? I have never heard of it. Ours has got netting. I wonder if that isn't considered safe. Thanks!

Bryna Thu 15-Jun-17 21:27:50

@FeelingForSnow The spacing between the bars have to be between 2 and 3 inches- this is so baby cannot get they're head through the bars but also wide enough for limbs to be drawn back out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now