Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

John Lewis nursery appointment

(13 Posts)
shalalala Sun 03-Jan-16 21:54:27

Has anyone had a John Lewis nursery appointment and can let me know about it? The Oxford St store in particular. Would you recommend? How long? And do they overly pressurise you to buy from them on the day. We are most interested in a pram.

Whatdoidohelp Sun 03-Jan-16 22:07:01

The nursery service is for furniture and nursery interior design is it not? If you are just interested in a pram I wouldn't make an appointment for this service.

ILiveForNachos Sun 03-Jan-16 22:10:32

The nursery appointment is for everything, prams, car seats, furniture, slings, feeding etc. We did one and it was fab. We had no clue about a lot of stuff as first time parents so it was a great introduction to everything. We lasted about an hour and a half before I was overloaded with info and needed sugar! Think it would have gone on longer as we hadn't even got to feeding and bath stuff.

shalalala Sun 03-Jan-16 22:20:06

Thanks Nachos. Did you feel pressurised into buying lots? We are primarily after a pram but as first time parents need to get quite a lot!

HVB79 Sun 03-Jan-16 22:23:04

We did it too and found it helpful, especially trying out the prams. No particular pressure to buy from them. They put together a list and you can either order it from them or source elsewhere.

lastnightiwenttomanderley Sun 03-Jan-16 22:27:58

I'd recommend it too...though the time goes quickly so have an idea of what you absolutely want to prioritise - for us it was car seats and prams. We went to reading but I've seen the Oxford St ones and they look good - much better range too. They give you cake too smile
Def no pressure to buy, just stick it on your nursery list which you can edit online and share with friends and family.

goodbyeyellowbrickroad Sun 03-Jan-16 22:28:31

We did this when I was pregnant with DC1 4 years ago. The appointment lasted a couple of hours and it was useful to have someone show us prams and car seats as we didn't really have a clue. No pressure to buy anything and we got free tea and cake in the cafe afterwards.

lastnightiwenttomanderley Sun 03-Jan-16 22:29:39

Oh, also we did ours sooner rather than later as I was concerned about the weight of travel systems and also wanted to try on some carriers. They get a bit funny if you're heavily pg and want to go lifting huge things! yes, I mean you bugaboo buffalo

somersetsinger Sun 03-Jan-16 23:28:21

We went to a John Lewis nursery appointment last week and it was very useful. We're first time parents and felt a bit clueless and overwhelmed beforehand.

There was no reassure to buy but the advisor took us through a sort of 'here's what you will need' starting with discussing pram/car seat combos to fit our cars and continuing through nursery stuff, bathing, feeding and appropriate clothing for the time of year the baby will be born.

Ours lasted 1 hour and we didn't get tea or cake!

ammature Mon 04-Jan-16 00:03:15

No pressure at all here but we went with them for the pram, I think she was surprised we came back. She told us not to bother with lots of stuff and we got the goodie bags.

Heirhelp Mon 04-Jan-16 08:47:20

We had an appointment but did not get any cake! They seemed a little disorganised but this was a different store. We only really had time look at prams and although they did not push us to buy on the day they were very pushy with Buggaboo and other large prams which could be converted for two children and did not listen when he said that was not what we wanted.

CarShare Mon 04-Jan-16 14:00:13

Bought our pram at Oxford St john Lewis about 6 weeks ago although didn't have an apt. Found them helpful, professional and knowledgable. No pressure to buy at all.

shalalala Mon 04-Jan-16 19:07:00

Great thanks all! Which stores did you all go to? We are in the south east (Guildford way)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now