Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Fertility lubricants - which helped you conceive please!

(16 Posts)
artylady14 Wed 11-Nov-15 14:59:29

I have been using Preseed for a while and would like to try a different one. I have heard of Zestica but cant find it available online. I bought Conceive plus but havent used it as it doesnt have applicators, just a tube of the gel. Can I use Preseed applicators to apply it internally?

lemon101 Wed 11-Nov-15 15:39:30

Hello,

read a lot of literature on fertility lubes while we were trying to conceive. I'm a medical researcher by trade so have access to the actual papers (most of which are conveniently sponsored by the manufacturers, but there are some which are not).
Basically Preseed (despite its claims) will not facilitate the motility of the sperm. But it was the best for ensuring the longest life for the little swimmers and slowing them down the least. Conceive plus was a close second.

Don't worry about applying internally - it won't make any difference, just use them to ensure that sex is comfortable and pleasurable for the both of you and feel reassured that unlike most lubes they are not harming your chances. They are basically only as good as not using lube and relying on your bodies' own lubricant.

Personally I used conceive plus when I got up the duff. It was cheaper than preseed. I do use lube normally during sex so needed to choose one that was going to be compatible with reproduction! ;-)

Zamaz Wed 11-Nov-15 17:52:46

Agree with the above poster - those lubes don't necessarily increase your chances of conceiving, but are designed not to negatively affect sperm like some other lubricant. We were using Conceive Plus when I got pregnant.

TriJo Thu 12-Nov-15 11:32:01

Another one who used Conceive Plus here, simply because it was cheaper on Amazon.

bippitybopityboo Thu 12-Nov-15 12:10:58

Aw used one called balance activ and it did the trick. But not really sure it may have happened anyway!

NickMarlow Thu 12-Nov-15 12:23:19

We used conceive plus too. But it took 11 cycles to get pregnant, and we were using it for the last 6, so I'm not sure it made that much difference tbh.

PeasinPod1 Thu 12-Nov-15 13:45:22

Conceive Plus for us too- TTC for 4 months with DC1- month we used it, conceived. This time, used and conceived 1st month. Definitely think it helps.

CarShare Thu 12-Nov-15 14:50:10

Conceive plus here too. Pregnant first cycle though so might be have been beginners luck more than anything.

BakedPotatoChangedMyLife Thu 12-Nov-15 15:52:14

We used conceive plus for all 5 cycles that it took. I'm not sure I can say it helped us get a BFP but certainly helped make things easier when we were dtd like mad!

Bishboshbash Thu 12-Nov-15 15:59:12

Conceive plus here too.

Oysterbabe Thu 12-Nov-15 17:59:58

Rum worked for me wink

Impatientwino Fri 13-Nov-15 07:45:29

We tried conceive plus and preseed when trying for dc1 and it took 18 months to conceive and the cycle we finally did we were away for a week and I forgot to take it with us. Personally I think it happens when it happens.

Louise34567 Fri 13-Nov-15 14:02:54

A certain pose worked for me ;)

whatsoever Fri 13-Nov-15 18:26:54

I used Conceive Plus with DS but couldn't find it in Boots this time round so I think we used a normal one (although I know they're not recommended for conceiving).

rallytog1 Fri 13-Nov-15 21:10:49

I used pre-seed twice and got pregnant on the first cycle both times. However, I've never ttc without it, so can't tell if it's down to the pre-seed or just ridiculous luck!

kimberly1 Fri 13-Nov-15 21:52:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: