Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When does the first trimester exhaustion end??

(27 Posts)
BrienneofQarth Fri 10-Jul-15 20:33:28

I know it sounds like a stupid question! I'm 10+5 and had started to perk up again aroubd week 8. Thought that was the back of it broken but im a wreck again this week and last! When does it go away?? sad

mayaknew Fri 10-Jul-15 20:39:26

I'm 11 weeks today OP it's hideous isn't it sadsad my eyes constantly sting my head is constantly sore and sometimes I am so tired I feel sick . Tbh I was like this the whole way through my last pregnancy . Sorry blushblush

But just wanted to say you are not alone and have all my sympathy . We can feel sorry for ourselves together smile

BrienneofQarth Fri 10-Jul-15 20:42:11

It's definitely worse second time round! Don't remembrr feeling this shattered with dd.

Full time job and a toddler too.... Suppose it's no wonder really

Newtobecomingamum Fri 10-Jul-15 21:03:02

I feel your pain OP! I'm 15 weeks and dying for the exhaustion to end!! It doesn't help I have my toddler to run around after. Some days I just cannot do anything and feel so guilty not taking my toddler out or being able to play.

Cannot wait to have some energy!!

GingerCuddleMonster Fri 10-Jul-15 21:03:44

when they leave for university grin.

scrumpkin Fri 10-Jul-15 21:07:30

Ahaha ginger beat me to it!

Twodogsandahooch Fri 10-Jul-15 21:08:42

With dd1 it was week 12 on the dot. Coincided with me getting my taste back for coffee. I think they were related

worldwasonfire Fri 10-Jul-15 21:11:16

Its so different for each woman.

Lots of my friends definitely started to feel better around the 12 week mark.

For me, it was 18 weeks with DC1 and about 22 weeks with DC2...so def not just the first trimester!

Then at around 35/36 weeks the end of pregnancy exhaustion set in grin.

None of it compares to the newborn baby exhaustion, though. [helpful]

grin

Nottalotta Fri 10-Jul-15 21:19:11

15/16 weeks for me. Will be 37 wks tomorrow and am tired again but still not as bad as those early weeks i don't think. I was sleeping 12 hours some nights and was still exhausted whereas i'm getting 4 - 5 hours atm and not as bad!

BananaToast Fri 10-Jul-15 21:21:15

I think I started to feel better around 11 weeks.

Shootingstar2289 Fri 10-Jul-15 21:24:25

Horrible isn't it. I would say it got better at about week 12 with my first and at about week 16 with my second - having a 4 year old doesn't help tiredness this time around lol.

GotTheKey Fri 10-Jul-15 21:33:12

About 19 weeks for me! So into the second trimester sad x

MrsNuckyThompson Fri 10-Jul-15 21:35:58

Don't know. My DS is 2 yrs 3 months. Will report back!

FeelTheNoise Fri 10-Jul-15 21:39:13

For me, at 15/16 weeks

Roomba Fri 10-Jul-15 21:52:45

My DS is 9 and I've never quite been the same since that first trimester! grin

IlonaRN Fri 10-Jul-15 22:38:46

For me, it was at 14 weeks.

Lunastarfish Fri 10-Jul-15 23:30:40

I started to feel better at 16 weeks but tbh pregnancy is the most exhausted I have ever felt in my entire life. I can count on one hand the number of times I have stayed up being 11pm over the past 39 weeks (tonight being one of them). Around 22-27 weeks were the least tiring for me.

Pidgy Fri 10-Jul-15 23:39:23

I like threads like this as they remind me of the not so nice parts of pregnancy and rein in the broodiness. It's amazing how quickly you forget.
Hope it passes soon OP.

lexyloub Sat 11-Jul-15 05:18:48

When the child leaves home I suspect!!!!!

Get used to it it's nature's way of getting you used to never knowing a proper sleep ever again, even if your child is asleep you are still on alert and the slightest noise from them wakes you instantly.
Sorry I can't be of any actual help to you

Appleblossom82 Sat 11-Jul-15 06:40:09

I still tired at almost 24 weeks (mainly because i have not slept well for 2 or 3 months!) But that hit by a truck/permanently hungover feeling abated somewhere around 14 weeks if i remember rightly.

AmberRose17 Sat 11-Jul-15 08:14:08

I didn't believe that the tiredness would ever end and was deeply sceptical about all of the stuff about feeling great in the 2nd tri. But we went on holiday when I was 12 weeks and after then I really started to feel much better. By about week 15 I was full of my usual energy again and have definitely benefitted from the 2nd trimester 'glow'. smile

Word of warning though: when you do get your energy back, don't be tempted to push yourself too hard. I took on my usual enthusiasm and work ethic, doing everything at a million miles an hour and putting myself under lots of pressure at work - and ended up with terrible ligament pains last week (20 weeks) which was excruciating and landed me in hospital at the weekend. All fine now but have consciously made myself slow down a bit.

Enjoy your pregnancy!

lauraa4 Sat 11-Jul-15 12:07:51

I had this early on to the point where I was in bed by 7pm and not waking up for about 12 hours. On the weekends I would sleep through!

It did get better from about 14 weeks though. Now I'm in the third trimester I have started to get tired again though. No where near as bad as the first trimester but I am feeling myself struggling during the day.

Brummiegirl15 Sat 11-Jul-15 13:04:06

I'm drowning in the exhaustion too - in fact I had to come home from work yesterday as felt so horrendous. I'm 10 weeks so not expecting to feel vaguely human again for another 4 - 5 weeks at least!

MrsGentlyBenevolent Sat 11-Jul-15 14:02:05

I felt miles better by 12-13 weeks. A sudden burst of energy, other symptoms going away, felt like I was barely pregnant at all. Then at 27 weeks the tiredness returned with a vengance, and has brought along his friend PGP angry. Fell asleep yesterday afternoon - something that only happens usually when I'm really ill. I thought once a symptom was gone, it was meant to bloody stay gone, grumble grumble.

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Sat 11-Jul-15 16:25:10

I felt shattered til around 12 weeks - I had a great 8/9 days then had back to back UTIs which left me exhausted & feeling really ill. I didn't start feeling better until 16 weeks but now at 17 weeks I feel amazing. I've developed morning sickness in the 2nd trimester but I have loads more energy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now