Talk

Advanced search

Which week did your morning sickness peak?

(28 Posts)
WaitingFor12 Sat 04-Aug-12 20:32:42

Currently 8 weeks and feeling so sick. Only really got bad over the past week or so. Can you tell me when your sickness was at it's worst? Am I being pathetic in hoping this will be as bad as it gets or will it get worse over weeks 9 and 10?

squidkid Sat 04-Aug-12 21:38:13

Mine started at 6-7. Was worst at weeks 9-10. Gone by 13. I found eating simple food (fruit, yoghurt, bread) regularly helped a lot, and lots of ice-cold water, and fresh air. Not eating was the worst possible thing for it. Take care and hope yours eases soon!

tara0202 Sat 04-Aug-12 21:42:41

Mine was Definitely at its worst in both pregnancies around the 10 week mark.

PeshwariNaan Sat 04-Aug-12 21:59:53

I'm pretty sure mine was at its worst between weeks 7-9, with a break in week 11, and a bad relapse in weeks 12-14 (but with less overall nausea). It finally started to tail off in week 15. Mine lasted from week 6-16...

GodisaDj Sat 04-Aug-12 22:00:30

Worse around 7-14 weeks and didn't subside (like people tell you it does) until 18 weeks sad horrible but well worth it. Hopefully it'll pass by week 12.

I ate little and often. So munched on
Clementines
Plums
Apple
Toast
Crackers
Melon
Crumpets
Weetabix
Salty crisps

rogersmellyonthetelly Sat 04-Aug-12 22:50:16

Mine was worst week 8-9. By week 10 I was having the odd "normal" day. Came back badly at beginning of week 12 but that was a uti as it turned out. Last 2 days (week 13) I've been totally normal, eating like a horse and feeling fine. So glad it's over!

VickyU Sat 04-Aug-12 23:08:25

Mine was worst from weeks 8-10. Week 11 (last week!) was better but certainly not gone and this week (week 12) it is alright but still there 24/7 just not as strong. I am now able to take my dog for a walk for an hour each day without puking into the bushes which is a relief! Having said that, I was up puking for most of last night so I certainly haven't seen the last of it. Personally though, the constant nausea is much much worse than the actual sickness.

thenightsky Sat 04-Aug-12 23:10:17

4 to 13

gardenpixies32 Sun 05-Aug-12 09:24:57

There was no peak. I was sick 3-5 times a day from around week 6-17. Nothing from then until week 25 when I was sick every morning for 5 days. Nothing since then.

cupcake78 Sun 05-Aug-12 09:30:36

Everyone is different, not going to tell you mine cos it's not going to help. Take each day as it comes. I remember the days of crying down the toilet because I was so fed up with feeling like rubbish!

It doesn't last, you won't be pregnant forever grin

Pontouf Sun 05-Aug-12 20:15:04

Mine peaked at around 16 weeks (sorry!), by which point i was practically suicidal, then got gradually better till I felt normalish at 20 weeks. It started at around 3.5 weeks and was my first clue that I was pregnant. I really do feel your pain. I am now 5+5 with DC2 and am only having intermittent mild nausea so fx this preg will be easier!

I found that sucking in sugar free ice pops worked wonders smile

nosleepwithworry Sun 05-Aug-12 20:18:57

1st pregnancy 5 weeks till 16 weeks, from moment i opened my eyes in the morning till momnet i clossed then at night.

This time, i am older & wiser, eat every 2 hours, crackers, apples, chocy biscuits.
Eat lots of long lasting carbohydrates, so pasta and rice stuff.
Felt queesy but not really sickly like my 1st pregnancy.
You have to ensure your blood sugar doesnt drop, this staves off the sickness.

Nightfall1983 Sun 05-Aug-12 20:22:18

I had mine from approx week 6 to week 22, but it was majorly tailing off from week 18. I'd say the peak was week 16/17. Not much help I know but in combination with everyone elses responses goes to show that we're all different grin

Em2018 Fri 19-May-17 10:52:52

Week 8- struggling so much with feeling nauseous all the time and vomitting. Really fed up now. Do I really have to wait another 5 weeks for this to settle?! I don't know how I'll last...

AnUtterIdiot Fri 19-May-17 11:10:59

I'm just at week 8 now so can't really say when it will peak, but it has got much worse over the last week or so. I find that fruit and full fat yoghurt are OK, especially soft juicy stuff like melon and berries and mango. Some biscuits and bread are OK. Salty crisps are great whilst I'm eating them but the aftertaste makes me feel sick. The absolute best thing for it is sorbet or ice cream, although I accept that I can't eat a full tub every single day sob

AnUtterIdiot Fri 19-May-17 11:12:24

I'm getting waves of nausea. No actual vomming but an awful lot of gagging and gulping and swallowing and verge-of-tears stuff. It's worse towards the end of the day, but seems to come on particularly if I move - e.g. get in the car - retch; walk fast - retch; get up to make tea - retch.

Em2018 Fri 19-May-17 11:57:25

Ugh- me too- it's horrible!! And actually am starting to find it quite depressing that I always feel crap and can't do simple everyday tasks (like brush my teeth!). Nice to hear someone else having similar issues. I agree about the fruit. I should get some melon or strawberries for the house. I've been eating ice cream... And pizza... Not ideal I know!

stuckinthehouse Fri 19-May-17 19:52:14

I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and have been feeling SHOCKING the past week. Not actually been sick yet but constant nausea.

Today I have mostly eaten skittles and sausage rolls which have helped a bit.

What's everyone else eating?

stuckinthehouse Fri 19-May-17 19:52:58

Ewww ice-cream and pizza?!?!?!!! Now I think that would make me vom right now! grin

stuckinthehouse Fri 19-May-17 20:54:20

DH just ate my last two skittles angry

PeachesandPie Sat 20-May-17 06:41:10

Mine started with nausea at 3 weeks, first vomit at 6 weeks then felt horrendous but only being sick a couple of times a week until week 10. I felt at my absolute worst weeks 7 and 9. Had a brief respite then from week 12 until now (17+5) I've been sick every day, but the nausea is subsiding. It's different for everyone, but it will get better and you will get through it!

tootsieglitterballs Sat 20-May-17 13:41:55

7/8 weeks were the worst in this pregnancy (now 13)

Last pregnancy with DS, started at 9 weeks and carried on until 20 / 21 weeks. Touch wood I've got off lightly this time.

HN42 Sat 20-May-17 18:38:41

I started feeling increasingly sick around 7 weeks, week 8 it turned into physically sickness and it probably peaked at around 10 weeks, I ended up on anti sickness tablets that week which I took for another 8-10 weeks just to help me get through the morning, but week 13-14 the nausea cloud did lift and I started to feel human again.

It might yet get worse for you, but the key thing is it does get better, it may not feel like it right now, but it will improve as the weeks tick by.

AnUtterIdiot Sun 21-May-17 13:53:15

8 weeks 2 days: vommed for the first time. Trying to see it as a good sign rather than disastrously inconvenient and awful.

Rockandrollwithit Sun 21-May-17 14:05:18

I'm 23 weeks and still sick, although I have HG. I can't remember what it's like to not feel sick!

The worst was weeks 12-16.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now