Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

did anyone get Pre Eclampsia at 32 weeks?

(19 Posts)
bishboschone Thu 02-Jun-11 18:38:18

if so what was the outcome?

MotherPanda Thu 02-Jun-11 18:43:02

are you worried about swelling, or is this about something else? because you know all pregnant women swell up at this time.

bishboschone Thu 02-Jun-11 20:00:52

I have been in hospital with high blood pressure and protein in my urine . I have been sent home to go back Tom to be checked. It isn't that bad yet ( I had it last Pg) ... Just wondered if anyone was induced as early as it is on the cards.

ninipops Thu 02-Jun-11 21:23:11

With DD my BP started to go up and I had 1+ of protein in my urine from 32 weeks. I was in and out of hospital on a weekly basis having the baby monitored but all was well and it never really got any worse. It did mean an end to my homebirth plans tho. I was induced at 38 weeks due to a combination of the high BP, protein and leaking waters. The doctors said that basically any added benefit gained from the extra 2 weeks wasn't worth the risk. I went on to have a natural birth - 6 hrs for gel to work - then waters broken, 9 hrs later DD arrived after only 40 min pushing.

bishboschone Thu 02-Jun-11 21:26:18

Thank younini pops

blueberryjam Fri 03-Jun-11 07:37:08

With DS1 I had pre eclampsia start around this time. I was in and out of hospital for a few weeks and then admitted at 35 weeks and bp was managed with drugs but suddenly deteriorated and was induced at 36 weeks. Very quick non traumatic birth lasting only 2 hrs 50 mins. He was fine went home after a couple of days and I had to remain on bp medication for about a month after.

perrinelli Fri 03-Jun-11 08:01:42

I was admitted to hospital at 33 wks with high bp and protein then sent home after about a wk, then at 35 wks bp went really high & protein again so admitted again and they were going to deliver if bp didn't come down but it responded to meds and remained stable til the end. They identified that she hadn't been growing at the end so were going to induce at 39 wks then she came naturally the day before! Normal delivery - she was a tiddler at 5.5lbs but was healthy and we were home next day. My bp stayed high for couple of wks but then ok. Now dd1 is a healthy 3 yr old & tall for her age.

Due with dd2 in 4 wks, bp has been borderline high but not too bad so far - growth scan at 34 wks showed baby was as big as dd2 was at birth at that point! Fingers crossed I make it to the end with no major issues but generally my exp first time round was positive - they seem to not take many chances with pre-eclampsia / blood pressure issues.

otchayaniye Fri 03-Jun-11 08:47:26

I think I got it a bit later, about 34-35 weeks and it went from low to high alert in days and I had my baby out the next day. No problems though in the end and no time in special care, breastfeeding fine, etc etc. This was in Asia, my ob/gyn called it pregnancy toxemia.

I'm nervous about this pregnancy (ignorance was bliss) and have a 28 week scan today. Fingers crossed!

bishboschone Fri 03-Jun-11 09:13:44

Thanks ladies,I had it last time at 37 weeks so was induced after a week. As I have it so early I wondered if they would string me out a bit. The consultant said yesterday that they will induce if it got worse. The baby is v small though and although my dd was born 5.13 and is very tall and healthy I am a little worried.

beachyhead Fri 03-Jun-11 09:21:23

I was delivered at 31 weeks via cs due to pre-eclampsia. I had been in and out from 28 weeks, my ds stayed in for about 3.5 weeks, then came home. No lasting damage. She was about 3lbs, which was light for 31 weeks....I did have the steroid injections which meant she could use her own lungs and not need ventilation, which is important.... Next two dc arrived 37 weeks and 38 weeks, all cs's.....

expatnow Fri 03-Jun-11 10:32:11

I developed it at 30 weeks, but not picked up until 31 +6. I was in hospital from the moment it was picked up- so 3 weeks in total, but it was already very severe. DD born at 34 weeks and was small, but fine. She was in for 3 weeks but is absolutely fine and there were no major concerns about her- just needed help feeding. As long as you are on their radar and being monitored you should be fine. I imagine they will just monitor you unless it gets worse.

MissCKitty Fri 03-Jun-11 12:55:55

My pre eclampsia started at around 31 weeks. As the other posters I was monitored regularly and baby was checked too. It deteriorated at 35 weeks and I was hospitalised and then had a section at 36 weeks due to foetal distress after a failed induction. However baby and I are perfectly fine. I just had fragmin injections for about 6 weeks afterwards.

vickibee Fri 03-Jun-11 13:02:33

I had it at around 32 weeks and kept going in and out of hospital. Monitored very closely but decided to induce at 36.5 weeks as I got much worse. WDs was fine and the delivery. Your midwife will know what to do if it gets worse

bishboschone Fri 03-Jun-11 21:00:16

Thank you .. I am back in hospital .. Just see how it goes

Coppernoddle Sat 04-Jun-11 10:17:53

I thought I would post as I'm wondering whether I have this and am not seeing my midwife for another 3 weeks! Pleaser tell me if I'm being silly!!
I've been having severe pain under my ribs and at the bottom of my ribs for about one and a half weeks now! It gets worse at night time and especially in the night when I'm bursting for the toilet! As soon as I go for a wee, it eases off! I don't have the swelling of feet and hands but everyday now I get these moments of light headedness, short of breath, and feeling generally unwell!! Usually have it once in the morning around 10 and then in the evening! Makes me feel really sick! But the pain is so painful and the skin is very tender to touch! Only on the right side! I'm 30 +2! the last midwife I had I was fine, urine fine, that was about two weeks ago. I have low blood pressure anyway, and know what my body feels like with that, and this feels different!
Is it? Or is it just a ,combination of growth?
Thanks smile

ninipops Sat 04-Jun-11 11:34:15

Coppernoodle if you are worried and it sounds like you are call your midwife. She will either reassure over the phone or get you in for some tests - if you get the all clear then no problem you can go and relax, if they find something then it can be dealt with. There is no point sitting worrying about things and no point taking the risk when it comes to PE.

thejaffacakesareonme Sat 04-Jun-11 12:10:34

Coppernoodle - as Ninipops has said please phone your midwife. I felt generally unwell too when I was pregnant with DS1. I didn't phone the midwife 'cause I thought as I didn't have all the symptoms for PE it couldn't be that. It turned out it was and I got a right telling off from the doctors and midwives for not speaking to someone sooner. It may just be that you have normal pregnancy aches and pains, but it is best to speak to a professional so that he or she can decide.

Coppernoddle Sat 04-Jun-11 13:00:19

Yes, will do I think!! Thanks x

vickibee Mon 06-Jun-11 12:48:25

What exactly is pre-eclampsia anyway - my MW never expalined?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: