Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Potette travel potty - worth it?

(19 Posts)
Wilkiepedia Sat 04-Jul-09 08:15:32

DS1 (2.5yrs) just starting potty training. What should I do when out and about? Is it worth buying a Potette travel potty or should I just take a normal potty out with me? Do the potette liners fit in a normal potty?

EachPeachPearMum Sat 04-Jul-09 08:27:46

Ours has been invaluable.

rusmum Sat 04-Jul-09 08:43:33

i agree!!!! worth every penny

TheProvincialLady Sat 04-Jul-09 08:48:58

Likewise.

ABetaDad Sat 04-Jul-09 08:59:53

For DSs we used to just take a plastic bottle with a reasonably wide neck (for wee) and a plastic bag (for poo) and plenty of wipes in DWs handbag.

Cheap and very convenient.

SarahL2 Sat 04-Jul-09 09:12:22

Me and DS love his Pottette!

We have the Pottette plus which also doubles as a toddler seat for a bigger loo which is really nice when we need to use public loos as it keeps him off the (often dirty) loo seats. He worrys about falling in and the seat gives him more confidence which means he is happier to go while were out which I think has helped with his training. He asks for his Pottette when he needs to go.

I like that the Pottette folds up to fit in his rucksac so we're never without it. It comes everywhere with us and I can grab it in a flash if he needs it. If we had a potty, it would be bulky to carry and would need to be kept in the buggy or car which we don't always have with us.

It's been really wonderful when we're doing woodland walks and he's needed to go. I can pop it out anywhere and we have far fewer accidents.

Worth every penny

stroppyknickers Sat 04-Jul-09 09:32:08

Yes, to prevent this:

Buying four fruitshoots blush for three children and leaving one in the car as a spare. On ds' birthday, when he is gasping, forgetting that spare has already been drunk and peed into by a ds. You can see where this is going. Remark from ds 'Mummy, why are you making me drink wee on my birthday' has haunted me since grin

TheProvincialLady Sat 04-Jul-09 09:36:45

Oh dear Lordshock

Love than plaintive "on my birthday" (I mean, give the boy a day off won't you?!)

PatTheHammer Sat 04-Jul-09 09:40:45

Inevitably someone will be on in a minute to state that the wee probabaly tasted better than the fruitshoot......but not me, obviously wink.

I wouldn't bother, if I was you, mine was a waste of money as DD liked using the big toilet from quite early on and outside there is always the grass blush

stroppyknickers Sat 04-Jul-09 09:53:13

We have now moved up a class to empty water bottles...(colour more obvious...) Yes - was shaking as I typed fruit shoot grin

Acinonyx Sat 04-Jul-09 12:01:33

The liners don't fit as there's nothing to hold them on place in a normal potty. We've had a lot of use out of the potette. Now, we use it a lot less - but when we need it we REALLY need it. On some occaisions we have been out and found the public loos are closed or out of order - or there is only one loo and dd takes such an age to go that I don't want to hold everyone up.

Acinonyx Sat 04-Jul-09 12:02:34

Don't think dd could pee into a bottle for all the chocolate in the world.... grin

Babieseverywhere Sat 04-Jul-09 12:05:12

They are great, recomend buying the Potette Plus (which doubles as a toilet seat as well) the Potette Original is smaller and just a potty.

Wilkiepedia Sat 04-Jul-09 14:01:25

Great - that is a resounding yes then!!!!!!!!

Loving the Fruit Shoot story grin

needsomesleepplease Tue 11-Aug-09 22:24:04

worth every penny!

Terminatormum Sun 20-Sep-09 20:10:03

Am I being a cheapskate or do the liners cost more than nappies? I've tried using grocery bags with paper towel - but not ideal as they all have holes for safety. Has anyone else out there found a cheaper alternative to 30 liners for £10?

Other than that - I don't go anywhere without it!

nowandagain Sun 20-Sep-09 21:26:19

what PatTheHammer said, DD also preferred public toilets or grass. Used it twice.

Maveta Sun 20-Sep-09 21:31:17

got loads of use out of ours, actually put it away once he was trained and keep thinking i must dig it out again, so handy when you are caught short.

for cheaper liners use nappy bags and a couple of panty liners stuck inside to absorb. easy!

Conundrumish Tue 22-Sep-09 22:15:36

Terminatormum - just use white bin liners (with sanitary towels if you want to soak it up). I thought everyone did this tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now