Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know about taking dogs on planes, specifically if they can travel in the cabin with us.

(15 Posts)
MmeGoblindt Sat 10-Oct-09 11:23:25

I heard somewhere that for dogs up to 7kg it is possible to take them on board, ie not in the hold. I have searched BA's website and cannot find any info.

Not sure if I want to make her go in the hold.

We would have to fly via London Heathrow or Frankfurt so am worried about how she will cope with that.

Cies Sat 10-Oct-09 11:35:09

I know that on Iberia you can fly with dogs under 6 kg in the cabin in one of those special bags. I have sat next to many a pooch on internal flights and had the shock of my life when what I thought was a bag suddenly moved grin.

MmeGoblindt Sat 10-Oct-09 11:36:15

lol, I can imagine the fright.

Just found out that Lufthansa allows this so might go for them as they go through Frankfurt rather than London Heathrow.

brimfull Sat 10-Oct-09 12:01:01

wow,never heard of this before.

is it just dogs?

neversaydie Sat 10-Oct-09 12:05:42

I have certainly seen someone taking a small dog through security at Frankfurt, so assume it was going in the cabin on the flight.

I tend to avoid Heathrow if I can, but very much doubt that BA would be as obliging, although they would probably take a dog in a carrier in the hold. That would need to be booked well in advance, though.

I very much doubt that any of the low cost carriers will take dogs.

Cies Sat 10-Oct-09 12:20:04

Just found this on ba's website www.britishairways.com/travel/pet/public/en_es

phdlife Sat 10-Oct-09 12:30:18

god I must be tired - read thread title as a query about "talking dogs" hmm hmm grin

as you were

MmeGoblindt Sat 10-Oct-09 13:09:09

Oh, well, you know that our pooch is G&T. We are going travelling to UK to go on X Factor next year

The only thing that I can find on the BA website is advice on pets travelling in the hold, not in the cabin. I am not willing to surrender her to Heathrow Airport.

Lufthansa seems to do it. Looks like we will travel with them.

Annoyingly, Easyjet fly direct from Geneva to Edinburgh but don't allow pets. Perhaps I should fly Lufthansa with the dog and send the others with EasyJet.

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 10-Oct-09 13:24:29

Message withdrawn

MmeGoblindt Sat 10-Oct-09 13:42:53

Visiting my parents in Dundee.

And to shop shop shop till we drop drop drop

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 10-Oct-09 14:06:12

Message withdrawn

MmeGoblindt Sat 10-Oct-09 14:39:56

Ah, the trams. We have been doing a tram building site inspection every year since they started. Lots of interesting holes in the ground.

I have heard that the whole tram idea is extremely popular in Edinburgh

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 10-Oct-09 16:55:54

Message withdrawn

Sourdough Sat 10-Oct-09 17:03:59

I think Air France do it - they used to anyway. My chic French friend always flew home to Paris from Dubai with her pooch. She asked Emirates and, oddly enough you were permitted to travel with your falcon in the cabin, but not a dog.

MmeGoblindt Sat 10-Oct-09 17:56:02

That is ok, Stewie. I am under 5"4 so will be fine. Shouldn't have thought it would be a big problem in Scotland anyway. We are a nation of shortarses.

Lol at the falcon. Will stick with the dog.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now