Talk

Advanced search

I love breastfeeding

(23 Posts)
rubyroot Mon 23-Apr-18 19:43:22

Feeding my 15 week old and just thinking how much I will miss it when I go back to work. Won't be doing any more than months, but it's so lovely to bond and so peaceful. And the little milk monster looks so cute!

rubyroot Mon 23-Apr-18 19:46:25

eight

Flatteryontheside Mon 23-Apr-18 19:53:49

I’m glad you like it. Personally I loathed every second and was so happy to stop.

tittletattoo Mon 23-Apr-18 20:49:36

Aww what a lovely post. I agree. Even with my little 6 week old boy being a milk gremlin cluster feeder this evening it's my favourite part of the day! gringringrin

Pompom42 Mon 23-Apr-18 20:52:19

I loved breastfeeding too, so much so I did it for 3 years. I didn't set out to do it so long but I didn't want to give it up

Caterina99 Tue 24-Apr-18 02:54:03

Good for you OP! I’m not such a big fan personally. I don’t loathe it, but I don’t think I’ll miss it. DD is 6 months and I’m starting to wean her onto formula. I wish I loved it enough to keep going for a year but I just don’t

MrsWhirly Tue 24-Apr-18 03:01:38

I loved it too. Eight months for DD, nearly three years for DS.

MoodyTwo Tue 24-Apr-18 04:08:05

I'm still feeding my 18 month old , and I love it... well until he bites/nips insert painful word here grin

EasterRobin Tue 24-Apr-18 04:14:21

That's lovely OP. I'm glad it's working so well for you.

You can still BF once or twice a day after you've gone back to work if you choose to. I kept going with the first morning and last evening feeds after I went back to work and my milk supply naturally adjusted to that.

Raisinglittlens Tue 24-Apr-18 21:37:34

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

rubyroot Tue 24-Apr-18 22:10:14

I could carry on when I return to work, but much as I love it I hear if you give them formula at night they sleep better? It may not work for my little one. But I will certainly need the sleep when I return to work. If formula doesn't help with sleep I may still breastfeed until a year- we will see. smile
Thanks for the link littlens.

breadwidow Tue 24-Apr-18 22:17:45

You can def bf and work. It may = less sleep, as reverse cycling (feeding at night to make up for less in day) can happen and did for me but it got a bit easier over time and the key thing to know is sleep really fluctuates and can be good, then get worse for a bit and the better again.

I went back to work before 12 months with both kids, after only 7 months with #2 and bf both til they were over 2 (didn't really plan to, just kinda happened, especially the youngest, she bloody wouldn't wean til I forced the issue). It also doesn't have to mean loads of pumping, in fact could be none.

boho2u Tue 24-Apr-18 22:24:56

I still BF my 18 month twice a day. She's an amazing sleeper. I've not fed her at night for over a year. I think that's help tbh.

Slanetylor Wed 25-Apr-18 23:44:15

What a lovely positive post. If you do love it maybe consider keeping it up once or twice a day and see how it goes.

ethelfleda Mon 30-Apr-18 01:21:39

I'm eb feeding my 6mo and I have to say the biggest surprise for me is how much i enjoy it!! Im hoping to carry on throughout weaning and hopefully until he is at least 1. I think the whole ff babies sleeping better thing is a myth by the way.
Congratulations smile

LittleMissB83 Mon 30-Apr-18 06:37:12

It’s taken a while to establish BF and have often found it knackering and frustrating but I do feel like it’s creating a bond with my DS that I couldn’t have imagined, and that feeding him has also helped me get to know him. I love watching his milk drunk face when he’s finished grin

stargirl1701 Mon 30-Apr-18 06:53:55

I found it challenging but really enjoyed it after 24 months. No longer overnight, no longer on demand, not engorged even if we missed 2/3 days. We are hopefully heading for natural term weaning.

Isitwinteryet Mon 30-Apr-18 10:06:09

I do too! 7 months in at the moment and don't want to stop! grin

arbrighton Mon 30-Apr-18 11:43:19

No, formula made no difference to sleep here.

I don't love BF but I am pleased I can, it's less hassle (NOW) and gives DS the best start I can

ShackUp Mon 30-Apr-18 16:50:58

I love it too. DS2 is 2 in May and my boobs have just started to get sore, which meant return of periods with DS1. It's a bit less pleasurable when boobs are sore!

AgentCooper Mon 30-Apr-18 16:55:11

I despised it at the start but now I love it (DS is 6 months). It really is incredible - the way it calms him down if he's upset, helps him sleep, has grown him into the big tall boy that he is!

When he BFs to sleep for a wee nap and gets all soft and cuddly (and I can mess about on MN for a while once he's sleeping) - just lovely.

ISeeTheLight Mon 30-Apr-18 16:58:17

I loved it too and miss it. DD is 4 and was breastfed for about a year. It was just an amazing feeling.

FWIW I returned to work when she was 5.5months old, expressed during the day, and breastfed before and after work so it is doable even when you go back!

QueenAravisOfArchenland Mon 30-Apr-18 16:58:33

I love it too, much to my surprise. DS1 weaned gently and naturally shortly before his 3rd birthday, when I was 16 weeks pregnant with DS2. It was so incredibly useful so often - on delayed planes, with toddler illnesses, when having jabs, when sleeping in a new place, when we got stuck in a bathroom for 4 hours. And it was such a wonderful bond. It was hard work in the early days having him be so utterly dependent, but he always went back and forth from boob to bottle of expressed with no problems and I think it really helped us shorten and manage illnesses when he started childcare, as well as reconnect after I got back from work.

DS2 and I are 8 weeks in and I adore the milk-drunk face and our milky snuggles. He's also a pretty good sleeper, praise the Lord. EBF does not mean bad sleep and formula doesn't mean good sleep!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: