Talk

Advanced search

Fussy eater

(8 Posts)
Blondey1891 Mon 17-Mar-14 06:37:16

Right so for the past three weeks my usually good toddler has started to become really fussy with food, won't eat anything but chips, toast weetabix fruit puréed and yoghurt, please help? Xx

Eletheomel Mon 17-Mar-14 08:13:46

I would hope it's a phase and I'd be tempted to ride it out (but I'd remove chips from his diet too, the rest of what he's eating seems healthy enough for a short-term diet)

I'd keep offering him different stuff at meal times as well as offering him stuff off your plate (or letting him 'steal' it off your plate - often 'forbidden' food is more appealing to toddlers :-) and hope that he'll get bored and start wanting something more.

Sorry that's not helpful (with our son we also used to get daddy to try and 'steal' his food, and our son would giggle and race him to eat it instead - however I'm really not a fan of tricking or playing games to get toddlers to eat, so don't want to recommend that as a way forward! :-D

Blondey1891 Mon 17-Mar-14 08:23:27

I've realised that chips are a winner and so therefore no I'm not going to keep giving him them, max once a week is all he was having though so not like everyday!!

I'm just going to ride it out, he has just eaten a weetabix and sonar chopped up fruit for brekkie so who knows xx

Eletheomel Mon 17-Mar-14 09:41:13

i wouldn't even worry about chips once a week :-)

MarEl Mon 17-Mar-14 12:47:41

If he likes chips, have you tried wedges or cassava chips? I think they're healthier options. But chips only the menu weekly isn't bad. My eldest has chips on the menu twice a week.

Blondey1891 Mon 17-Mar-14 12:53:37

Well he didn't have anything to eat between breakfast and lunch and went out to a toddler group, came home ate a whole portion of fish pie, most he has eaten in weeks!! So excited lol!! X

MarEl Mon 17-Mar-14 13:00:25

I find it easier to get my daughter to eat with three set meals, attempting some routine. Do you have set meals at set times? x

Blondey1891 Mon 17-Mar-14 13:13:29

Yeh breakfast 7 am, lunch between 12-12.30 nap at 12.45 for a couple of hours then tea at 5, what times do you eat? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now