Talk

Advanced search

Start rite shoe sizes vs Clarks

(6 Posts)
roundabout1 Tue 17-Jan-12 21:03:19

I always get confused by this one & can never remember which way round it is. Are Startite 1/2 size larger than Clarks? I'm sure that's right although a shop assistant at Clarks once told me it was the other way round I'm almost positive it's not.

thisisyesterday Tue 17-Jan-12 21:04:29

start-rite come up bigger yes.

so if you measure a 9 in clarks you'd only need an 8.5 in start-rite

ShowOfHands Tue 17-Jan-12 21:05:59

Clarks definitely smaller. Narrower too. DD is an H in SR, feet won't fit in Clarks shoes.

roundabout1 Tue 17-Jan-12 21:39:57

See I get so confused by this, dd2 18 mths was measured in Clarks before xmas & she was a 3.5, she's currently in size 19 European Ecco boots & they said they were pretty much the same size so advised me to leave it til after xmas. Had her measured in a Startrite stockist last week & they measured her to be a 4.5 but didn't have anything I liked in her size. So I thought Startrite were 1/2 size larger than Clarks - ie if she's now a 4 in Clarks she would be a 4.5 in Startite. Arghhh it's so confusing & so obviously deliberately done too!

QueenSconetta Wed 18-Jan-12 07:41:34

Startrite measure smaller - the last time we had Clarks shoes she was a 4 in Clarks but only 3.5 in Startrite.

I guess (as you have done) get her measured wherever you go and they will fit her appropriately for their stock.

It's def possible for her to have grown so much in such a short space of time. My DD went up a full half size in 3 weeks.once, and prior to that had only been 6 weeks since last size change! It was round about the 3.5/4/4.5/5 stage too.

museumum Fri 06-Nov-15 09:46:48

Clarks measure bigger so their shoes are smaller.
4.5 in clarks is 4 in startrite and lots of the eu brands like geox.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now