Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used Tesco clubcard vouchers to get a magazine subscription?

(12 Posts)
Eddas Sat 27-Sep-08 21:27:52

I found magazine subscriptions the other day whilst searching clubcard deals and thought they'd be a great idea for neice and nephews for christmas(i know it septwinkgrin)

Does anyone know if it'll say anything about clubcard vouchers when they get the subscription? I'd rather the parents thought i'd spent loads on their presentswink

Also, if I ordered the subscription now, could I delay the first magazine until after christmas? If I can't then i'll have to order them nearer the time, but I know Tesco can change their offers anytime and think these are a good non tatt present and don't want to miss them!

TIA

onepieceoflollipop Sat 27-Sep-08 21:30:22

I got a magazine susbscription but for myself not as a present.

They have been doing this offer for ages so I think it's unlikely they will change it.

Afaik I think the magazine will just be sent out to the recipient without them knowing you have paid via vouchers - I think there is an option for it to be sent as a gift. Any "admin" type letters will be sent to you.

onepieceoflollipop Sat 27-Sep-08 21:30:59

p.s. if it's not clear on the website then ring them; I have found the helpline to be quite well, helpful.

Mutt Sat 27-Sep-08 21:33:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Eddas Sat 27-Sep-08 21:35:21

ok thanks, i might give them a call. I'd imagine lots of people give them as gifts. although maybe people don't buy them now for christmasblush

I recently did the RAC offer, and that form had a space to write if you wanted to delay the start of the cover, so I was hoping the mags would be the same.

theinsider Sat 27-Sep-08 21:35:56

My mum gave me a magazine subscription (Eve)for my birthday and I know it was bought with Tesco vouchers because she told me. It said nothing about the vouchers in anything I received from the mag company. If she hadn't told me I would never have known.

I really liked it and thought it was a nice present. I don't remember the figures but remember that whatever price (in vouchers) she told me seemed really good value.

tiggerlovestobounce Sat 27-Sep-08 21:36:32

When I last got a magazine subscription this way I wasnt sent the magazine directly. Tesco sent me 12 vouchers to exchange for the magazine. This was quite good for me, as they were valid for 15 months, so if an issue looked boring I could skip it.
It would be obvious to anyone getting it as a gift though.

It is a few years since I last had a Tesco magazine subscription though, so maybe it has changed.

cheekysealion Sat 27-Sep-08 21:36:40

wait and do it nearer christmas
then specify for a gift,,, it is great value
might do it for my step mum actually

hana Sat 27-Sep-08 21:39:19

we get a few mags through clubcards and have given some as presents (Nat Geo kids, stuff for fil ) You get a voucher for the subscription and then mail that off to the publishers,. YOu could just phone up publishers and ask how long it will take to process and take it from there. Wrap up the Nov/Dec issue of whatever mag it is with a note saying it's a subscription too that way they'll have something to unwrap

Mutt Sat 27-Sep-08 21:40:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pointydog Sat 27-Sep-08 21:48:00

I have, present for mil. They will never know you used your vouchers unless you tell them. It's all very discreet.

Eddas Sat 27-Sep-08 21:51:41

that's what I was going to do hana. I'll buy them a little something else too, but thought the parents would appreciate one less plastic pressie!

I think i'm a bit too keenblush I just want to get a few things sorted at a time. But will keep my idea and act on it a bit latergrin I may phone to enquire about specifying a start date though.

I have looked at this before, i think, but I don't read any of the womens mags they do.

They are a great bargain.

I looked them up on other websites and they were really expensive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now