Talk

Advanced search

Still need a ERPC after medical management 3 weeks ago- anyone else?

(6 Posts)
clothaddict Thu 08-Oct-09 08:12:55

Hi
I had a mmc at 10 weeks 3 weeks ago and chose to have the medical management 2 days later. I thought that might be the best option for me and I got through it although it was pretty gruesome. I've still been bleeding quite bad and now getting pain and had another scan and turns out I still have quite a lot of tissue left so I now need a ERPC anyway! Totally frustrated as could have done that 3 weeks ago.

I don't really have a question just needed to vent that I am fed up with this taking ages and now needing surgery anyway. As I have a stonking cold they won't take me in until tomorrow to let it try and clear up.

Does this end up happening to many people? Can I expect that this should be it all over now, i.e. no more bleeding? I think given choices over again I'd just choose ERPC.

shyla01 Fri 09-Oct-09 15:05:03

hiya, firstly i'm sorry to hear you mc'd

when i had my 3rd mc i decided to have the medical management after having a fairly horrendous 'natural mc' before.

leaving out all the awful details, i ended up having the eprc 3 weeks later anyway due to retained tissue. the main difference with mine though is that i stopped bleeding a week after the med management and actually felt more normal than i had in a long time!
its so frustrating when it drag's on for weeks isnt it.

hope it all goes well and you recover quickly xx

shyla01 Fri 09-Oct-09 15:06:16

hiya, firstly i'm sorry to hear you mc'd

when i had my 3rd mc i decided to have the medical management after having a fairly horrendous 'natural mc' before.

leaving out all the awful details, i ended up having the eprc 3 weeks later anyway due to retained tissue. the main difference with mine though is that i stopped bleeding a week after the med management and actually felt more normal than i had in a long time!
its so frustrating when it drag's on for weeks isnt it.

hope it all goes well and you recover quickly xx

kanella Fri 09-Oct-09 17:36:49

Hi clothaddict and Shyla

So sorry to hear about your sad losses. I had a mmc end of July. I had a horrendous time with a natural mc. I wasn't given any choice. To cut a long story short, I ended up in hospital 3 times. I walked around for 2 months with tissue still inside, I bled the whole time. I kept phoning the doctor was given antibiotics, hormone tablets but noone seemed to listen. I eventually had a scan 2 weeks ago and they discovered all the tissue still inside. I had a ERPC (which I wish I was offered in the first place)two weeks ago. I am pleased to say I got my AF 2 days ago, my first one since May. I am so pleased my nightmare is finally over.

Hope you get sorted soon.

xxxxx

thelizard Fri 09-Oct-09 21:17:01

So sorry about your little babies. I had a mmc over a year ago - I had an ERPC the next day, was given the option and wanted to be in control of where it happened, especially as my DS was only 2. Two weeks later, I passed large clot, had to go back into hospital, wait overnight for scan and then had the same procedure over again. Just wanted to say that whichever way you choose there can be complications, I thought it would be complete as it was a surgical procedure, but not the case. I have been over and over choices we made and have now come to the conclusion that, although I may have wanted to change things with hindsight, at the time we made decisions in a situation we never expected to be in. Lots of love and hope it goes as smoothly as possible from hereon in

clothaddict Thu 15-Oct-09 10:02:08

Well I'm home after the ERPC. I have decided the same as you lizard that you make the choices at the time and can still need other intervention anyway, no matter what you decide.I could have chosen ERPC straight away but something might have happened with surgery. Decided can't beat self up with hindsight, make choices for what feels best at the time.

My drama did continue however..I had septicemia after the op and was in intensive care! (not to worry anyone else- very rare). All on road to recovery now but it's been some month I tell you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now