Talk

Advanced search

Supermarket shopping online / with delivery... in France

(7 Posts)
flyingcloud Thu 18-Jun-09 10:34:45

I think I know the answer to this as no French woman could possibly buy her vegetables without seeing and feeling them, but having looked at the websites of the supermarkets in my area - Leclerc and Champion they don't seem to offer the good old online ordering with delivery service that English supermarkets do. Is this possible - is there really no remote shopping?

I am struggling with ms and the idea of going to the supermarket makes me feel faint and makes my stomach do very unpleasant flips.

BriocheDoree Thu 18-Jun-09 12:24:50

There are several. Off the top of my head, www.ooshop.com (Carrefour), www.telemarket.fr, www.houra.fr and I think www.auchan.fr also deliver.
Picard you can also shop online, think it's www.picard.fr

The only ones I'ved used are Telemarket and Picard (also when I was pg so I can sympathise). Telemarket is mainly monoprix goods. Never really had a problem with the quality of produce - not as good as the market but about as good as normal supermarket produce in France IYSWIM.

Sorry to hear about the MS - it's a pain, isn't it!

frAKKINPannikin Thu 18-Jun-09 14:12:43

Monoprix deliver but no use if you've not got one near you. Are you near a big town/city with lots of supermarkets or stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Intermarche also deliver.

flyingcloud Thu 18-Jun-09 16:39:34

Thanks for the help - managed to brave the supermarket this afternoon and still alive! God help me with the pain of childbirth

BriocheDoree Thu 18-Jun-09 19:15:41

Hmm, well, as for childbirth, I admit I didn't manage either of mine without some form of pain relief but, believe me, by the time it hits you'll just be so DESPERATE not to be pregnant any more that you'll take any amount of hassle in order to get the baby out grin. There's a kind of "inevitability" to labour!

AuldAlliance Fri 19-Jun-09 13:57:19

Houra is good (it's Cora products), but depending on where you are they may not deliver or may charge extortionate delivery rates, with a fairly high minimum purchase required. I've been using houra since DS2 was born, and considering the extra cost as part of the expense of having a baby, but am going to stop soon.

Picard is good, too. Delivery is cheaper, at least where I am, and their frozen veg are excellent...

flyingcloud Fri 19-Jun-09 18:32:16

Thanks AA. Yes, have a Cora nearby, but I find it quite expensive and not great quality. No Monoprix, that I'm aware of. This has been really useful for your tips though, thank you. And I am a huge fan of Picard, got two close by.... if only we had a bigger freezer! I have filled up the fridge and DH will be going shopping next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now