Talk

Advanced search

Middle School in Paris - l'Ecole Alsacienne, EIB Monceau, and EABJM

(9 Posts)
neyfam Mon 12-Feb-18 19:15:40

We will be in Paris for a year, and our middle schoolers currently attend a French American school in the US. Our goal is for our girls to be immersed in the French language while recognizing that they will return to the US to continue middle school and start high school. We've whittled it down to the above 3 private schools. The reviews are consistent for l'Ecole Alsacienne--great school. For the other two, it's a mixed bag with the recent reviews on the low side. EA is highly competitive, and they do not give final acceptance until the summer which is a bit late to make living arrangements. Any input would be appreciated.

LeMesmer Tue 13-Feb-18 23:40:56

I would steer clear of EIB for college OP, for various reasons. I'm not a fan of EAJBM either, although I have no personal experience of it. If their French is a good standard I would go for Alsacienne, which I have never heard anything bad about.

UnicornSnot Tue 13-Feb-18 23:43:55

Ecole Alsacienne and maybe also consider College Stanislas?

pimmsy Tue 13-Feb-18 23:57:43

Ecole Alsacienne! Without a doubt

pimmsy Tue 13-Feb-18 23:58:02

Also depends, which area will you be living in ?

Mistigri Wed 14-Feb-18 07:05:53

Stanislas is ... peculiar, according to French friends who have considered it. Very pressured environment plus some other stuff that personally I would not be happy about (e.g. girls are discouraged from wearing trousers).

lifeisunjust Wed 14-Feb-18 11:02:09

For a year, surely proximity to home and happiness should be more important than reputation snob academics.

neyfam Wed 14-Feb-18 17:36:45

LeMesmer, what reasons? We're looking at EIB College Monceau, not EIB Victor Hugo, which is the international school. UnicornSnot, EA would be our first choice, but they only accept a few kids outside of 6e. Our kids would are older. Pimmsy and lifeisunjust, we are focusing our apartment search based on school. However, it's looking like we're going to make a decision before we hear from schools.

LeMesmer Wed 14-Feb-18 22:13:38

OP, I will PM you. DS spent 2 years at EIB Monceau. EIB Monceau is still presented as an international school, they do about 30 per cent English.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now