Talk

Advanced search

just borrowed a Vax carpet cleaner ..omg fab results ..want to buy one now..is yours good?

(19 Posts)
ggirl Fri 27-Oct-17 18:58:44

I borrowed an orange vax cylinder one , have looked online now and people rave about the George one ..any one else have recommendation.

mantlepiece Fri 27-Oct-17 19:05:06

I want to get one too so happy you started this thread!

ggirl Fri 27-Oct-17 19:28:12

wish I'd known they were so effective , I'd have bought one years ago , rather than spot cleaning or hiring someone ,neither of which have ever worked well.

HurtyTeeth Fri 27-Oct-17 19:30:15

The only recommendation I can offer is a Bissell.

ggirl Fri 27-Oct-17 19:36:47

is it good HurtyTeeth? Does it get stains out ?

e1y1 Sat 28-Oct-17 08:49:03

Wow the vax cylinder one? You mean this one

Going back some years that one, my Grandmother and Mother had them back in the late 80s. However, they still smell it now, so it has definitely stood the test of time.

However, nowadays most carpet washers are almost exclusively the upright ones.

If you have been satisfied by the cyclinder one, you’ll be blown away by the upright ones, as they have an agitating/spinning brush in them, and offer a stronger extraction of water than the older ones .

I have had 3 vax upright and 2 Bissell upright ones over the years, and I have been very satisfied with them all. I have always been able to keep every carrot looking brand new. Even had a cream carpet that must have been 25 years plus old and it still looked brand new when I downsized a few years back.

I currently have the 4th one down on this page. I really like it.

Have a look at all the models on that page.

e1y1 Sat 28-Oct-17 08:50:42

*still SELL it now.

e1y1 Sat 28-Oct-17 08:51:51

*caroet, carrot? Really need to proof read.

ggirl Sat 28-Oct-17 09:51:17

e1y1- thanks for replying , so uprights are better ..don't know why but I assumed there were all shit for some reason .
How quickly are your carpets dry on that one you're got?

e1y1 Sat 28-Oct-17 12:38:28

dry enough to walk on about 4 hours, but will still be a bit damp, (Although i will usually walk on it straightaway but hot foot it across so only in bare feet) completely dry overnight. depends on temperature of and if there is a lot of moisture in the air.

HurtyTeeth Sat 28-Oct-17 15:25:07

Ggirl - oh yes, it's fantastic. We have the 'Big Green' (kept in the garage) which is the top end/range domestic cleaner. It's extremely amazing. Washes on the push and pull back, sucks up so much water the carpet is left damp rather than wet. Very good results. Is very cube shaped and folds compact for storage. Easy to use despite the size compared to other models. I use it no problem. I honestly recommend.

Hoppinggreen Sat 28-Oct-17 15:27:37

My Sil gave me her orange vax becise she couldn't be bothered with it.
It's really really good, easy to use and the results and great

Badgertastic Sat 28-Oct-17 15:35:33

We have the Vax duel V carpet cleaner. It is fantastic. 😊

ggirl Sat 28-Oct-17 15:41:55

Hurty - oh wow !yours is a whopper and out of my budget I'm afraid , but thanks

MissWilmottsGhost Sat 28-Oct-17 15:42:02

I've got a vax upright cleaner, the carpets look like new after. I previously rented rug doctors but the vax seems to be nearly as good and I can use it whenever I like.

BabyOrSanta Sat 28-Oct-17 15:48:08

Miss
Are renting Rugdoctors worth it for carpets with coffee stains?

I have a Bissell but I can't seem to get on with it. You pull the trigger to let the water down and then "Hoover" it to suck it back up. I think it would be good for a weekly whip round but not for a deep clean if you live with more than just a hamster

DropZoneOne Sat 28-Oct-17 15:53:44

I have a Bissell and it's amazing, the dirt it brings up shock

I have the version where you can lift off the cleaner to make a portable version which has come in very handy for drink spillage and DD being ill.

Was about £250 though so not cheap.

HurtyTeeth Sat 28-Oct-17 19:48:23

Not cheap no. I baulked at the cost. We bought ours on a catalog account, paid in 12 months and no interest. 'Very' have Bissell machines (as well as Vax )

christmaspudding1 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:08:17

i have the upright

Vax Rapide Ultra 2 Carpet Cleaner W90-RU-P

its fantatsic,used to have the cylinder many years ago,but this one i have now is brill

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now