Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Polished Pebble dulux paint colour

(45 Posts)
bravobravo Fri 15-Sep-17 19:07:52

Has anyone had a bash at this colour?
I'm thinking for my hall which is really long with high ceilings. I'm worried it has a blue tinge and will look too cold - I'm definitely more after a grey undertone. Any experiences will be helpful please smile

IWantABlueBanana Fri 15-Sep-17 19:16:54

We have this in our hall, to me its def got a purple tinge to it in day light. Looks just pale grey atm with no lights on

user1495034589 Fri 15-Sep-17 19:33:01

I like this colour but tried in my old hallway and painted one wall and found it didn't work, too saturated. I've seen it used well in a kitchen with little wall space and white units, very nice. For me it was back to the drawing board and went for an old favourite of mine Dulux Egyptian Cotton (had this in two hallways in the past, one boxy modern house and another Victorian detached). Handsome with just a nice hint of grey and otherwise neutral as a backdrop for more vividly coloured accessories.

OneMoreForExtra Fri 15-Sep-17 19:37:04

Have it - feels very soft, not cold.

HappyAsASandboy Fri 15-Sep-17 19:45:49

We have it in several rooms. It changes colour all the time, but I love it grin

TheTurnOfTheScrew Fri 15-Sep-17 19:48:51

I have this in my sitting room. I've not seen any blue tones - it'a a proper grey (no blues, no yellows). TBH I wish I'd gone slightly darks (Dusted Moss) but this is in a sunny south-facing room, so probably ideal for a darker spot.

TheTurnOfTheScrew Fri 15-Sep-17 19:49:11

darker

bravobravo Fri 15-Sep-17 19:57:26

What colours are you seeing happyasasandboy? confused

HappyAsASandboy Fri 15-Sep-17 20:03:32

In my house I have it in sunny and shaded places, for eg it is in the hall stairs and landing. If the sun is coming in the landing window, the landing is pale chalky grey. Down the stairs and in the shaded hallway the colour is lots darker, and more solid looking.

It looks fabulous with white woodwork.

bravobravo Fri 15-Sep-17 20:04:06

I've got the Egyption at the bottom, Pebble in the middle and Chic Shadow slapped up the top - I also have a decorator with the raving hump because I simply cannot make up mind..

museumum Fri 15-Sep-17 20:05:19

I have it in my hall with light wood floor and white woodwork. I love it.

bravobravo Fri 15-Sep-17 20:05:55

That sounds good Sandboy, you're not seeing any lilac or blue are you?

wizzler Fri 15-Sep-17 20:07:49

Put it in DS's bedroom. It looked pinkish when we first painted, which he was unimpressed with... however now it seems to have settled to a soft grey and not cold at all

bravobravo Fri 15-Sep-17 20:08:23

Egyptian, pebble, Chic..

EmmyInTheSticks Fri 15-Sep-17 20:47:43

I had to repainted over polished pebble. It looked almost light blue once it was on. I repainted with pebble shore which is a much warmer grey (on my walls at least). It all vastly depends on light but polished pebble is definitely a blue-grey.

Dixiechickonhols Fri 15-Sep-17 21:16:39

I have egyptian cotton in a couple of rooms but deginitely greige not grey. i like it but if you want grey i'd go for one of the other 2.

madamegazelle1 Fri 15-Sep-17 21:25:27

We have it in our hall stairs and landing in silk and I really like it- don't think it looks cold at all- not too dark and reflects the light

Ollivander84 Fri 15-Sep-17 21:39:44

Polished pebble. Does have a slightly more blue tinge in my kitchen where the light is different

Ollivander84 Fri 15-Sep-17 21:41:00

Chic shadow - too many images so link here! https://instagram.com/p/BYeF1Xchmu9/

I searched tags on instagram to look before I chose

bravobravo Fri 15-Sep-17 21:54:02

Looks nice and calm Ollivander - it's definitely a toss up between the Polish and the Shore..

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Sat 16-Sep-17 07:24:51

We have it in my son's room, absolutely love it. No hint of blue in his room.

Skippii Sat 16-Sep-17 07:30:27

I have it in the kitchen and there's no hint of blue, but when I started the utility room it looked light blue! Utility has a lot more light.

Headinthedrawer Sat 16-Sep-17 07:47:00

I have PP in my very light study.Looks very pale blue at times.Might repaint it.

Bananmanfan Sat 16-Sep-17 07:49:29

Don't do it, op. Our whole house (new build) is polished pebble and it just looks white.

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Sat 16-Sep-17 07:51:01

Son's room doesn't get s huge amount of natural light.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now