Talk

Advanced search

Duck egg...but not?

(7 Posts)
kmini Sun 14-Aug-16 22:55:15

Hi

We recently saw the most amazing kitchen at a high end kitchen Co., called Michael Moore. Ive been obsessed with the idea of the perfect blue kitchen ever since!

The cupboards were painted an incredible bespoke blue colour. The salesman said is was kind of duck egg blue, but it was a million times more gorgeous than any duck egg blue I've seen. It had more grey and blue undertones and it was quite pale.

So bearing this in mind...any paint suggestions...duck egg blue/grey undertones. It was teamed with a hones black granite...so the overall look was old school/elegant/classic.

Thank you!

sweetpeaandroses Mon 15-Aug-16 16:45:59

F&B Light Blue 22? It's a greeny/grey/blue and is very pretty in a kitchen. Have a look in Pinterest.

DoItTooJulia Mon 15-Aug-16 16:54:41

Laura Ashley pale duck egg?

Dozer Mon 15-Aug-16 17:01:58

Do you already have a cheaper kitchen that can be painted? If so would love a recommendation please!

Thought it was only the more expensive ones you could paint.

minipie Mon 15-Aug-16 17:42:22

I suggest a look at colour cards from Mylands, Paint & Paper Library, Sanderson, Little Greene all of which will do lots of subtle pale greyish blueish greens.

Make sure the colour comes in eggshell as well as emulsion if you want to use it on kitchen cabinets. Oil based eggshell is more hard wearing than water based. Not all companies do oil based emulsion (eg F&B don't) but I think the above ones do.

JessieMcJessie Mon 15-Aug-16 19:15:27

Have you looked at Valspar mixing in B and Q? They say they can copy other colours and the range of sample cards is immense.

MagentaRose72 Wed 17-Aug-16 22:03:24

Crown kitchen and bathroom paint called Oxygen is kind of duck egg blue...I like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now