Talk

Advanced search

Magnesium leg spray for restless legs - wow!

(28 Posts)
Noeuf Fri 01-May-20 09:02:03

So I've really struggled for ages with this, usually one leg but awful at night. On a FB GROUP i joined about menopause, someone started a discussion and magnesium was raised a lot.

Didnt want to try supplements as I take a one and was worried about dosage etc. So bought a spray and was very sceptical.

Three nights though, no problems!

Anyone else know why?

OP’s posts: |
Noeuf Fri 01-May-20 14:40:00

No one else suffer? I need to talk about how amazing it is grin

TorkTorkBam Fri 01-May-20 14:42:02

I found the spray too runny so I started taking supplements. It is wonderful. Restless legs no more.

BlackCatsRule88 Fri 01-May-20 14:42:20

I’ve tried it too and yep - was amazed. I take a supplement and occasionally use spray when I remember. I wish I’d known about this such a long time ago!

BlackCatsRule88 Fri 01-May-20 14:43:19

It does make me wonder what other cheap/easy miracle cures there are out there!

FuckThisWind Fri 01-May-20 14:44:13

As a sports Therapist looking into this yeads ago, I tried it out on some of my willing clients and monitored the effectiveness. At the time, there was a lot bring said in the US about how amazing it is. It's great for muscle cramps and muscular pain too. I know the supplements aren't that good, as it's one of those minerals that doesn't absorb well when taken orally.

Pleased it's worked for you! How much did you pay? (I was making my own at the time by mixing magnesium salts with warm water, dissolving and putting in a spray bottle)

FuckThisWind Fri 01-May-20 14:45:24

Sorry for typos. Just finishing home schooling, but really wanted to reply. You've made me think of mixing a batch up for myself as I'm struggling with osteo arthritis at the minute. Got to be worth a try.

DCIRozHuntley Fri 01-May-20 14:46:15

It's fab for Raynaud's and for breastfeedinf aversion too. Rubs and sprays are usually far better absorbed than oral supplements.

AnotherMurkyDay Fri 01-May-20 14:49:25

I take a magnesium supplement every night, and have a soak in the bath with magnesium bath salts as often as I can. No more restless legs

poppym12 Fri 01-May-20 15:00:04

Interesting. Any links to the products you've found helpful please?

Noeuf Fri 01-May-20 15:04:29

Hi - hooray I can waffle to people about it.
£10 from Amazon. Not too runny but does leave a faint chalky texture on your legs.

I was scratching, wriggling, all that and then getting up and down to go to the loo as it was driving me nuts.

Just sprayed it and then rubbed it in and it's fantastic.

Interesting that other people have found it helpful - and the oral thing not being great for absorption.

Noeuf Fri 01-May-20 15:06:21

Was £10.

Yes to other cures - after going through everything we used apple cider vinegar on a verucca my child couldn't shift. Was gone very quickly.

cazinge Fri 01-May-20 15:06:33

Do u know if its safe during pregnancy, I have terrible restless legs (32w pregnant)

Amber0685 Fri 01-May-20 15:06:41

I got restless legs after a hip replacement. My orthopedic surgeon recommended Magnesium spray and it worked.

dietcoker Fri 01-May-20 15:06:53

Op did it sting when you put it on?

bluemarie87 Fri 01-May-20 15:08:59

Oh I need this. Suffered my whole
Life and I have tried everything. Including magnesium supplements but they don't work. Some nights it's horrendous. Definitely going to try this. Thank you!!!

thomaszthetank Fri 01-May-20 15:09:29

This is very interesting! I suffer from restless legs and it drives me barmy.

Do you think it is ok to use with varicose veins?

TorkTorkBam Fri 01-May-20 16:17:36

dietcoker it didn't sting me at all, it felt rather nice. Mind you my skin is in pretty good condition so someone with psoriasis or eczema might have a different experience.

As an aside, I have found that drinking cheap wine, especially cheap red, gives me restless legs. Additives maybe? Anyone else the same?

Noeuf Fri 01-May-20 17:42:38

It didn't sting at all. It's just like a chalky lotion.

I don't know about pregnancy I'll have a look

<goes upstairs>

It doesn't say not to but maybe check with midwife?

Noeuf Fri 01-May-20 17:43:13

Varicose veins.

I can't see why not; it's just like a lotion.

stayingaliveisawayoflife Fri 01-May-20 17:48:51

I use a sleep balm that has magnesium in it. It is quite expensive but you use such a small amount it will last for ages. The tingling is weird at first but it does help.

dietcoker Fri 01-May-20 18:49:18

Thanks all. The one I have is a stinger! May treat myself!

missyB1 Fri 01-May-20 18:54:39

Oh thank you OP I think you might have saved my sanity! I’m at the height of menopause and restless legs has been one of the worst symptoms. I’m off to order the spray!

BlackCatsRule88 Fri 01-May-20 20:22:35

I got one from Boots that was about a tenner, called “BetterYou”. I did find that it felt weird and I’m a poor sleeper anyway, so I’d put it on then wipe it off after about 10 mins and it worked fine.

Noeuf Fri 01-May-20 20:38:45

Oh that's interesting black cat I'm glad it worked for you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »