Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Interstitial Cystitis- finally something that helps

(4 Posts)
somedizzywhore1804 Thu 27-Mar-14 23:23:18

Hey ladies

Am currently 26 weeks pregnant but even before I was I used to get horrible bouts of Interstitial Cystitis. Ended up in triage with it today as the pain set off Braxton Hicks contractions and I had bloody urine but no infection. Doctor gave me Buscopan and sent me on my way.

No joke, in 13 years I think I've tried everything going, had scans, taken antidepressants for my bladder... The lot. And this bout I've had for more than a week. Had no faith in the Buscopan at all but in less than six hours and only two doses it's 90% better.

Might be worth a shot if anyone is suffering.

WaitingAndSpinning Thu 27-Mar-14 23:29:57

Hello, no help here but sympathy as I entirely understand and have been there. Really pleased you've found something to help. The best feeling in the world is when that pain goes away isn't it!

Jesuisunepapillon Fri 28-Mar-14 12:08:53

That's great. The thing that helped me was barley water. You can cook some pearl barley for 40 mins, and then let the water cool and drink some each day. It helped me so much.

I also took Pre-relief. Same effect.

IndigoBarbie Sun 30-Mar-14 20:23:28

Sounds good, would never have thought to try that. When in a flare I take an antacid and if provides relief for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now