Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Arse pain during period [nice, I know]

(16 Posts)
QueenOfFlamingEffigies Mon 29-Oct-12 14:31:05

I've had this to some degree a few times before but this month it is really rather painful at times. I'm having to sit down veeerrrry carefully.

Is this the 'javelin arse' I've seen mentioned on MN before and if so, what causes it and how can I make it stop???

QueenOfCats Mon 29-Oct-12 17:21:18

I have this too - it really takes my breath away!

No idea what causes it or how to make it stop though I'm afraid smile

TheReturnOfBridezilla Mon 29-Oct-12 17:22:05

Have also has this but not for a while. Wonder what causes it...

SuspiciousMindGames Mon 29-Oct-12 17:29:04

I get it.

I've always thought it was adhesions or something from my ancient c-section and things just moving about.

tak1ngchances Mon 29-Oct-12 17:29:31

It is a classic symptom of endometriosis. Have you got any other nasty pains?

SecretCervix Mon 29-Oct-12 17:29:35

I get it as well, no idea why.

cocolepew Mon 29-Oct-12 17:31:36

It can be a tilted womb, when it swells it presses on something <medical>

SecretCervix Mon 29-Oct-12 17:39:17

Nah, not got a tilted womb (I don't think)

tink123 Mon 29-Oct-12 20:11:10

It is probably Proctalgia fugax

WentworthMillerMad Mon 29-Oct-12 20:37:32

Mine has gone away since taking naproxen.
Highly rec!

mankyscotslass Mon 29-Oct-12 20:43:59

I get this too - It wakes me up sometimes and takes ages to go. It's awful and makes me feels sick sometimes it's so painful.

I keep meaning to ask the GP about it, because I don't have a clue what it is, but then I never get round to making an appointment.

I never used to get it, it's only been in the last couple of years.

mumtoaandj Mon 29-Oct-12 20:49:38

i also get it and when i was in labour had it much stronger. i also recently had a miscarriage and the bum pain was worse then. i always thought it was my sciatic nerve or something?

mankyscotslass Mon 29-Oct-12 20:49:57

tink123 I've just looked that up and it ties in with what happens to me - except that it can last 10 -15 minute before it subsides.

Fizzylemonade Tue 30-Oct-12 11:10:43

I have endometriosis and I get this during my period, but only during my period.

It is a classic symptom of endo.

Naproxen is a non-steroidal anti inflammatory drug, they use the same type of drugs to treat endo. Just a thought that it could be endo too not just Proctalgia fugax.

Hurts like hell though doesn't it? I always used to worry that people would think I had taken it up the bum bum the night before, blurgh, when I sat down very gingerly at work grin No Friday night or any other night could tempt me to indulge it that.

SugariceAndScary Tue 30-Oct-12 15:54:24

Agree with endo being the likely cause, I have it and nodules are attached to my bowel.

Eye watering at times and quite literally a pain in the arse wink

SecretCervix Tue 30-Oct-12 16:33:00

It is painful when I go whilst on, am pregnant at the moment so not thought about it for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now