Talk

Advanced search

my internet adapter isnt working!!

(11 Posts)
boxoftricks Sat 18-Jun-11 11:08:14

Hi,
posting this from another laptop.
I have a fujitsu pi3560, and all of a sudden the internet just stopped connecting. It says no networks can be detected. I have tried to update drivers but it says something about checking if the network adapter is in deep sleep.

I have pressed F12 + F2 at start up and LAN and WLAN are all enabled, and are not set to be disabled in sleep in device manager.

They are all listed in device manager, but with little yellow triangles next to them.
Code 31 comes up when you select properties.

The only place nearest to me is a PC World to get it fixed and I really dont want to have to go there! And googling is getting me no where!

I have taken out the battery, rebooted it, etc all drivers up to date. nada. nothing

any ideas???

bubbles4 Sat 18-Jun-11 11:13:07

There are explanations for Device Manager error codes and how to solve them here .Good luck.

boxoftricks Sat 18-Jun-11 11:19:44

It just suggests updating the driver for Code 31. which I've done to no effect! sad

bubbles4 Sat 18-Jun-11 11:27:14

Before I took anything to PC World I would have a read of this article here,a full system recovery may solve your problems and save your cash.

NetworkGuy Sat 18-Jun-11 11:30:49

presumably your problem is not being able to connect via wi-fi in your home...

do you have an ethernet cable you can use to plug into the router that way ?

I am guessing that you have installed some update to something recently which has affected the wi-fi, but whether it was some change to Microsoft software in your laptop or other s/w is unclear

if you can get online with a cable, that's a start, because then downloading any drivers or other s/w should be much easier. good luck

boxoftricks Sat 18-Jun-11 14:11:35

nope, tried with an ethernet cable. sad thats what i did first.
I had to download drivers onto a memory stick and then transfer.
hmmmnnn

NetworkGuy Sat 18-Jun-11 14:48:22

Crumbs. Nearest I have seen (and it was after a teenager had been to some dodgy sie and got a virus) was when an Asus eee Book (a lightweight clamshell notebook, equipped with 3G wireless) and the only way I could get that working was by going into the BIOS and enable things again (don't know how/why things like the USB ports were disabled, but it seemed like everything was switched off).

Is there some small PC show you could visit rather than PC World ? Just seems a more personal touch might be needed (and may be cheaper for you too). Sorry to have no fix-it suggestions this minute...

or is there anyone who can lend you a wireless dongle to try out? Only a temporary fix but cheaper than 30 quid paid to someone in a shop and gets it working again until you choose to replace it (not sure how old or if that is a plan at some point!)

I bought some on Ebay from 2 quid to 5.00. OK, the 2 quid was lucky because no one else bid and I got it for 9p + 2 quid postage, and it was still sealed up... another was nearer 5 quid, for Windows, Linux and Mac, and the third was from China for 3.50 also for W,L and OSX, but not tried it out yet. May be an easy fix if your laptop can handle CDs OK still...

exaltedwombat Sun 19-Jun-11 13:44:05

In Device Manager try removing the devices which show the error message. Re-boot and see if they re-install.

If that doesn't work, try a System Restore to a time when things were working properly.

Where are you located (you just MIGHT be next door to me:-)

nannynick Sun 19-Jun-11 23:37:35

Have you tried FN+F1

Did the laptop have a light to indicate WiFi was working... is that light now on or not?

Do any of the FN key combinations work, so do they do the functions expected?

boxoftricks Mon 20-Jun-11 00:09:41

yup it says its on. light for wifi is on. its enabled. The card appears in device manager, so is being detected somehow, but its just not working! got a square ethernet box with a red cross through it on the bottom right side.
rebooting does nothing. tried deleting/uninstalling the devices but it goes through uninstalling them, then after i reboot they still appear, still with yellow triangle next to them!
boo sad

nannynick Mon 20-Jun-11 19:40:11

Work on one device at a time... take the WLAN driver for example see if you can get the correct driver from fujitsu for your particular hardware and operating system.

Looks like your system either runs Vista or Windows7.

Vista Driver

Windows7 Driver

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now