Talk

Advanced search

Low carb low sugar treats - non existent?

(10 Posts)
PinkSea Tue 24-Apr-18 11:48:39

On a low carb diet with as little sugar as possible cos of hormone issues. Craving chocolate, marshmallows, treats! Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
TryingToGetFired Tue 24-Apr-18 12:50:03

Sugar free jelly? Pork crackling

moreismore Tue 24-Apr-18 12:59:53

Have a look on some paleo websites- try paleomom or Marks daily Apple. Or sites for people on ketogenic diets.

moreismore Tue 24-Apr-18 13:00:45

How about something like hot choc but made with nut milk and raw cacao powder? Have a look at Lucy bee blog for recipe ideas

Destinysdaughter Tue 24-Apr-18 13:04:20

I use Splenda for baking cakes, if you can eat that, then there's tons of low carb delicious treats you can make, chocolate brownies, fat bombs, ice cream etc. I even made low carb Bounty bars! If you are on Pinterest there's tons of ideas on there.

PinkSea Tue 24-Apr-18 13:11:42

@Destinysdaughter Do you just substitute Splenda for sugar, like for like?

rainydaynowellies Tue 24-Apr-18 13:14:41

the dark chocolate at lidl the raspberry one is under 4% sugar, other nice snacks are babybel with a small apple, you can make easy low sugar cookies with porridge oats, mashed banana and dark choc chips ( mush together cook for 8 mins in oven. pintrest has loads of ideas too. made some lovely low sugar strawberry shortcakes, you can also make normal scones (not much sugar in) fill with greek yogurt and mashed strawberries. other low sugar snacks are high protein like cooked chicken, eggs and nuts( just make sure its a small handful for nuts) hope this helps i had to go very low sugar /carbs recently. also if your going for bread products look for bread under 3% sugar so pitta breads, wholegrain thins etc. anything wholegrain takes longer to break down so lower sugar etc

PinkSea Tue 24-Apr-18 13:33:54

The strawberry shortcakes sound amazing!

Destinysdaughter Tue 24-Apr-18 17:10:20

I just google low carb recipes which will have the amount of sweetener specified and use Splenda in it. These biscuits are nice

www.ditchthecarbs.com/best-low-carb-chocolate-cookies/

Also a quick dessert is Philadelphia cheese mixed with Splenda, cocoa powder and a little vanilla essence. You can also add some cream. Just mix together and enjoy!

Ricekrispie22 Tue 24-Apr-18 17:37:58

Sugar free Crusha milkshake syrup stirred into Greek yogurt

Strawberry sugar free Crusha and Splenda stirred into Philadelphia tastes like cheesecake!

Sainsbury's sell sugar free marshmallows www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-sugar-free-mallows-75g

Hazelnut chocolate spread made with sweetener www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/jimjams-83%25-less-sugar-hazelnut-chocolate-spread-350g

This is great for reducing sugar cravings www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/paleo-ball-mix--coconut-almond---chia-270g

www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-trifle

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »