Talk

Advanced search

Roma

(5 Posts)
echt Sat 15-Dec-18 07:49:14

Anyone seen this? It's on limited release and I'm sure Netflix, who ponied up the dough won't put it on DVD.

Utterly astonishing, black and white, no musical score, and in Mexican Spanish and Mexatec. Nothing extraordinary happens, but everything does. I've never seen so much dog shit in all my life.

I can't recommend this film too highly, great cinematography, fabulous acting.

kttl Mon 17-Dec-18 23:41:52

I think this is a masterpiece

Everything about it was perfection

echt Tue 18-Dec-18 07:25:53

I went to it again today with a friend, it'll be gone by the end of the week, but streaming now on Netflix, so BIG TV or better still at a cinema while you can. It rewards the subsequent viewing a hundredfold. Sublime.

Trippedupagain Sun 23-Dec-18 18:32:34

Just watched it last night and would happily watch again. Each scene was beautiful and the humour / tragedy was all underplayed so you sometimes weren't even sure what you'd seen. Cleo was so good and said so little most of the time, but you didn't need her to. It must have cost mega bucks to make but you didn't feel that at all, but the attention to detail in recreating 1970s Mexico was just fascinating. The cars and the street scenes...just lovely. Now I know what happens in it, I would certainly enjoy watching it again and just relax and enjoy it, take it all in. My DH hated it.

SatsumaFan Mon 14-Jan-19 22:20:25

@Trippedupagain me and my dh are with your dh...

It had some lovely panning in it <shrugs>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: