Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Easiest way to run away from home.

(121 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

11122aa Tue 18-Apr-17 23:07:38

Hi. Im 20 and with autisum which means i cant quite dress and wash myself . But i cant stay at home any longer. My parrents will always claim they not abuseive so i cant just get housing anymore. What do i do.

Yukbuck Tue 18-Apr-17 23:09:49

Hi op. I did not want to read and run. Are you saying that your parents are abusive? Is there anyone in real life that you trust and are able to talk to?

Do you have a social worker?

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 18-Apr-17 23:10:35

Oh OP It's you again, I thought it might be. how do you propose to live if you can't wash and dress? And aren't you at uni?

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 18-Apr-17 23:12:40

Billy - please see if you can get help through uni

11122aa Tue 18-Apr-17 23:13:16

I am at uni which doesnt help matters. I wish i wasn't then i could disapear one day and never come back. I dont know. I get told they are social accommodation to help but my parents will just presuade them i am not being abused so i will be classed as interntionaly homeless and not eligable.

11122aa Tue 18-Apr-17 23:14:30

My Uni wouldnt believe me. They ask my mum and she would persuade them im a fantasist. I really only see prison as a way out.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 18-Apr-17 23:14:47

If you are at uni, how do you manage if you can't do self care? Do you have a carer/support during the day?

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 18-Apr-17 23:16:57

I have reported the thread - I don't think saying prison is the only way out is terribly rational

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 18-Apr-17 23:18:25

What I mean is you need specific help to get out of the situation

HopelesslydevotedtoGu Tue 18-Apr-17 23:19:10

You need to speak to Adult Social Services.
Explain briefly that you have autism and your parents are abusing you and as to arrange a meeting with a social worker.
Write down examples of the abuse in advance.

HopelesslydevotedtoGu Tue 18-Apr-17 23:20:10

I remember your previous threads btw. I really do think you should contact Social services

AndNowItIsSeven Tue 18-Apr-17 23:22:17

What are you studying at uni?

snorymcsnoreson Tue 18-Apr-17 23:22:23

Pls contact social services

11122aa Tue 18-Apr-17 23:24:06

Im stuying Law.
Ill try and contact social services but im not able to get out of my my house and i just fell like disapearing. I totally hate my life at the moment. Im emotional child really in an adults body.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 18-Apr-17 23:25:36

How are you studying law when your needs are so complex? I studied law for a couple of years and struggled tbh so far play

11122aa Tue 18-Apr-17 23:28:56

Because they not that complex. My parrent just havent shown me how to do them and now its too late to learn.

yellowfrog Tue 18-Apr-17 23:29:09

Just a thought, but you sound pretty intelligent and capable - are you sure you are not assuming you are less capable than you really are because that's what your parents have told you?

Try to contact social services if you possibly can, and tell them what you have told us.

yellowfrog Tue 18-Apr-17 23:30:01

And it's never too late to learn, I promise! If a thing can be done, someone can teach how

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 18-Apr-17 23:30:03

So do you see what they do when they are helping you wash or dress?

Silly question but if it's a case of not knowing how, can you google it?

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Tue 18-Apr-17 23:30:34

Have you posted before OP about your lack of a social life and your parents getting in your way because of risky behaviour?

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 18-Apr-17 23:32:01

He has - and trying to organise a birthday meet up

11122aa Tue 18-Apr-17 23:32:28

Dressing i do but washing i really would struggle with. I cant hold a towel arround me or wash my hair. An hostel wouldnt work for me it only make me worse. I think i really need to somewhere where i can be formally looked after.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 18-Apr-17 23:34:13

You have just said that you just haven't learned How to do these things - it makes a difference whether you need to be looked after or whether you could learn how to do the self care stuff as to how you would go about fixing things

Jux Tue 18-Apr-17 23:34:26

It's not too late to learn. You need someone to help you, though. Can you talk to your tutor? If you could write it all down it might be easier? If we ask you questions and you try to answer them, would that help you get it all down?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now