Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Stuff u Sell

(4 Posts)
buzookas Tue 07-Feb-17 23:19:05

Starting a new thread in this topic. Has anyone ever used an agent for Ebay such as Stuff u Sell?

I need to have a massive de-clutter within the next two weeks and have tons of good quality stuff to get rid of but don't have the time to Ebay it all.

Any experience or advice very welcome. Thanks!

19lottie82 Wed 08-Feb-17 11:01:07

They charge a minimum of £25 commission per ITEM! You'd have to be pretty lazy to consider that (and selling high value items).

19lottie82 Wed 08-Feb-17 11:02:09

And that doesn't include collection fees btw.

What happens if the buyer then attempts to scam them once they've sold it? I'm guessing you still have to bear the cost?

dbrackin Wed 08-Feb-17 23:10:30

Hi -
I founded Stuff U Sell and saw your question pop up, so thought I'd give you an answer from the horse's mouth.

You probably want our newer service which does not have the minimum commission -- sellforme.stuffusell.co.uk -- but you still need to be looking for items which are likely to sell for £25 or more -- I'm afraid we can't afford to produce high quality listings on the commission we get on low value items.

Collection is free for upto 5 boxes if you can drop them to your local Collect+ parcel shop, we provide the labels.

We do charge for the work we do, but we reckon we also get higher prices than novice sellers, and the research supports that, although we think it's worth it just for the time and hassle you save in not having to deal with ebay, paypal, buyers and the post office!

If the buyer scams us, then we bear the cost (although we've sold over 1/4 million items now so we've seen it all before). If the royal mail lose or break your item, that's our problem. We do of course accept returns on sales and but these are simply resold for you when they come back.

I do hope that helps.

David

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now