Talk

Advanced search

Page 28 | Too many threads and looking for friends to go through the TTC journey

(686 Posts)
jenna30 Mon 16-Dec-19 21:30:25

Hi guys

Not sure about anyone else but i have found that that i have tried posting on various threads and sometimes your own post gets really lost which can be slightly disheartening. I thought i would start this thread for anyone who has just started their TTC journey and together we can share our thoughts and experiences.... i do ask that (not to be mean) that this thread is only for people who have just started their TTC journey to avoid disappointment for people who are way into their journey and who may be experiencing different things. My own story is that i came of the pill in September and have yet to get my BFP. I got my first positive on Saturday just gone and now im 1dpo. Be great to hear from anyone in a similiar boat! Xx

OP’s posts: |
Starburst12 Sun 17-May-20 21:07:19

I bet! It definitely takes a while to sink in. Are you having any symptoms? When’s your due date?
I’m doing well thank you! Can’t believe I’m almost half way there already. Where has the time gone!? Fed up of lockdown, can’t wait to get out and see family. We didn’t announce until 12 weeks so no one has seen us since!

Starburst12 Sun 17-May-20 21:07:40

Oops forgot to tag you @jennabfp

Jennabfp Sun 17-May-20 21:24:28

@Starburst12 awh god I know this lockdown is awful. I miss seeing my family and friends too and it's just getting suffocating now and will more so now that I have my BFP. I took a digital yesterday which said I was 2-3 weeks. Going to call my GP tomorrow I guess that's the first step. I can't believe you are half way there I feel like it's gone really quick. Has it gone quick for you? No symptoms except mild cramps, stretching and extreme tiredness but I'm only early yet and I guess everyone has different experiences. How are you getting along? X

Jennabfp Sun 17-May-20 21:25:33

@Starburst12 oh when I called an online dr (service I get through work) they calculated my due date as the 24th of Jan. Winter baby.

Starburst12 Mon 18-May-20 09:07:35

@jennabfp ahh 24th Jan, how exciting! Feels like ages away but the time will fly! I had less symptoms when I was actually pregnant than when I was TTC 😂 when I had my BFP, I had to inform the dr for them to refer me to midwifery but my health board has changed now and people have to email for a self referral. May be worth finding out if you can skip the drs to speed up the process?
It has gone quick but it seems to have been forever since I had a scan at 16 weeks, which was only 4 weeks ago! We found out we are having a girl 💕 it’s been difficult having to go through all of my appointments alone, but we had a private scan at 16 weeks so we could find out the gender together. Also heard heartbeat for the first time which was lovely. I still haven’t told many friends as Im waiting until my 20 week scan (thankful for lockdown because of this, I’m showing!). I’m nervous for that because of my family medical history. Other than that, I’m fine! Just very very sick still. But it’s worth it smile

Jennabfp Mon 18-May-20 09:58:12

@Starburst12 awh a girl! Congratulations! I know tell me about it so except for the tiredness I don't feel pregnant at all. I think that's why it was such a shock because this was the first month I was relaxed and wasn't thinking about it hence why I didn't even get a positive opk. I called up the gp this morning and they gave me the number for the local midwifery team and I have just filled out a form. So until I hear from then which I can be upto ten days I guess I just wait. When do you officially have your first scan? I can't imagine how hard it must be not being able to see family and friends for support but it's nice you and your partner got to find out the gender together. X

Starburst12 Mon 18-May-20 13:48:50

@jennabfp Yes it was lovely to find out together!
I had a booking appointment at 8 weeks, NHS scan at 12+1 and my 20 week one is on Wednesday. All of my other midwife appointments have been cancelled and I won’t be seeing her until 28 weeks. Covid 19 has disrupted a lot! But I totally understand why, so it’s ok.
I had a private scan at 9 weeks (before lockdown) and another at 16 weeks, so that my partner could come. All NHS are still going ahead solo.
I didn’t hear about my booking appointment until I was over 6 weeks (prior to lockdown) so don’t be alarmed if it takes a while! A lot of people have had theirs later lately, there must be a backlog?
I’d definitely recommend writing down any questions you may have before your booking appointment as my mind completely went blank when I was there! 😂

Jennabfp Mon 18-May-20 14:18:21

@Starburst12 thank you that's very helpful! Xx

Jennabfp Mon 18-May-20 14:41:25

Good luck to everyone else still trying. It really will happen when the time is right. I gave up and then it happened, hang in there.

EithneBlue Mon 25-May-20 09:47:07

@Jennabfp - I have no idea what prompted me to check this thread but that's wonderful news: congratulations!!

Jennabfp Mon 25-May-20 18:19:51

@EithneBlue thank you lovely! I hope that you are keeping well? X

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in