Talk

Advanced search

We got carried away, now I'm on edge

(23 Posts)
MyBreadIsEggy Thu 05-Oct-17 09:42:29

Bit of background: DH has been working away a lot this year. Last Friday he got home after the latest stint away (2 months) and we got a little carried away DTD....twice. Both times DH managed to pull out before full on ejaculation but said "shit that was close" confused
Hormonal contraception doesn't agree with me, /so we usually use condoms but were careless - and since checking my period tracker, last Friday fell during my fertile days.
We already have 2 DCs with a pretty small age gap between them, so would plan to have another baby right now, but if it happens it's not the worst thing in the world.
So I guess what I'm really asking is how likely is it that I could get pregnant from pre-ejaculate during my fertile days? Or has it happened to anyone?

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 05-Oct-17 09:44:00

wouldnt plan to have another baby right now

buckeejit Thu 05-Oct-17 09:45:25

It is possible. As an adult you should already know this. Yes it has happened to people. Not to me.

KarateKitten Thu 05-Oct-17 09:46:05

Yes it's very possible. I'm currently 25wks after using the withdrawal method once. And DH was sure he stopped long before anything had really started.

NikiBabe Thu 05-Oct-17 09:46:44

wouldnt plan to have another baby right now

Should have thought of that.

Shrugs.

Never got pregnant from withdrawal myself but obviously people can and do.

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 05-Oct-17 09:50:15

Ok....obviously I should have expected the contraception lecture hmm
Just trying to gauge how likely it would be. I've read differing medical opinions online - some saying it's highly unlikely, others saying it's very likely.
Guess I'll just be waiting for the next 8 days to see if my period arrives.
We wouldn't plan for another baby now, but if it happens it's fine. We are in a position where we could have another baby (financially, housing-wise etc)

KarateKitten Thu 05-Oct-17 09:55:11

Mybread, seriously! Nobody can answer that! You see thousands of women on here every day tracking their ovulation and timing sex exactly and they still don't get pregnant. I got pregnant first try 3 times, now this 4th was our own stupidity. Nobody can give you an accurate percentage chance. But if you really insist, I'd say 50/50. You'll need to do a test in 10-14 days to find out.

KarateKitten Thu 05-Oct-17 09:56:40

Actually you can do the test in 5-9 days as it was last Friday. The morning after pill might have been a good idea if you really didn't want to get pregnant.

bigredboat Thu 05-Oct-17 09:58:04

I think you can have a copper coil fitted as emergency contraception 5 -7days after unprotected sex?

NikiBabe Thu 05-Oct-17 10:01:09

1. You're pregnant

2. You're not pregnant.

Strangers on the internet cannot tell you the likelihood of either being the case.

SunsetSunrise Thu 05-Oct-17 10:12:10

This again hmm Enough already. There has been about 20+ of these threads over the last few weeks.
Yes you can get pregnant if you have unprotected sex.
Yes the 'withdrawal method' is no different from unprotected sex.
Yes you can get pregnant with precum.

SleepingInYourFlowerbed Thu 05-Oct-17 10:15:56

Apparently its more likely if you do it more than once in close succession as some of the sperm from the first ejaculate stays in the tubes and gets caught up in the pre-ejaculate the second time. So I'd say you have as much chance as anyone who had unprotected sex in their fertile period.

Kaby Thu 05-Oct-17 10:16:09

Myself and DH have used the withdrawal method for approximately 5 years and never fallen pregnant, but I have a friend who says she got pregnant using the very same method... so I think its quite hard to say really. could depend on the quantity of pre-ejaculation. I guess you'll have to wait and see!

ShowOfHands Thu 05-Oct-17 10:21:40

Withdrawal is pretty effective if your husband is one of the men who does not have sperm in his pre-ejaculatory fluid - more likely to not have any iirc - AND the man pulls out in plenty of time.

Since you don't know into which camp your DH's swimmers fall and he left it late, you will have a chance of pregnancy. Not more than 25% as that's the maximum chance of fertilisation anyway but there really is no way of knowing right now.

Good luck. I hope you get the result you want.

KarateKitten Thu 05-Oct-17 10:29:10

A lot of people who successfully use withdrawal actively avoid sex in the 5 day window of likely ovulation. So people saying it's worked for them, unless they had sex right through the month with no thought to ovulation, are not in the same boat as the OP.

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 05-Oct-17 13:46:02

I guess I'll just wait and see!
If I am pregnant, it's not the worst thing ever smile

PinkChocolatex Thu 05-Oct-17 20:56:57

Fgs

MiniAlphaBravo Thu 05-Oct-17 21:02:21

Some ppl are being a bit harsh to the op imo. Dh and I have used withdrawal method in the past and now and not got pregnant but when we didn't use it for pregnant pretty much immediately three times.

Anyway, just wait and take a test. Easier said than done to wait but I don't know why you're being vilified here.

4evernamechanging Thu 05-Oct-17 21:07:36

Please let us know either way!

2furbabies Fri 06-Oct-17 00:14:36

39 weeks pregnant from the withdrawal method hehe we did want a baby anyways so was lucky just maybe not quite so soon grinblush

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 06-Oct-17 10:45:48

2furbabies that's how we are.
We haven't said "let's have another baby" but we aren't exactly opposed to having another!
I'm pretty sure we would have a third in the future anyway - just maybe not so soon after DC2!

burninghigh Fri 06-Oct-17 11:31:54

I've been using withdrawal as our method for 2 years and haven't got pregnant. I'm highly fertile and seem to fall immediately whenever we are not being so careful!

It's obviously possible but in my experience you would be unlucky. Anecdotal of course!

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 11-Oct-17 21:19:19

Not pregnant!
Period arrived this afternoon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now