Restless sleeper; will BBT testing be effective?

(4 Posts)
NoImBridgetJones Thu 01-Sep-16 20:11:46

28 yrs
Cycle 8
CD 15
TTC 1
Very restless sleeper!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of BBT testing following very restless nights' sleep?

Currently half way through cycle 8 and have been monitoring fertility through CM and CB ovulation tests.

Halfway through cycle 8 and just generally disheartened. Regular-ish cycles, positive OPKS, good EWCM, well - timed (we think) sex, but it's just not happening.

I'd like to be able to temp to confirm that I'm OVing and to make sure we are timing it properly, but I've read that you have to take the temp the second you wake up, no moving around etc.

Am a terrible sleeper, toss and turn all night and into the morning, especially around ovulation hmm so can't imagine I'd ever get a valid temp reading.

Any other fidgets had any luck with this? Thanks!

Streaky17 Fri 02-Sep-16 09:45:53

Sorry to hear its not happened for you yet but keep going!

I'm possibly not as much as a fidgeter as you but I do (semi sleep/ wake) change positions most nights and I get decent bbt readings. I do take them vaginally which I found to be more consistent than orally.

You won't know until you try... Good luck!

KellyBoo800 Fri 02-Sep-16 12:31:26

I'm a terrible sleeper and rarely get more than 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep, so I didn't think temping would work for me, but it really has. My charts are very 'rock mountain' like, but I can still see a very clear thermal shift after ovulation. And I temp orally - if I was to temp vaginally, I'm sure it would be even more consistent.

I'd definitely recommend, you should still be able to see a pattern.

NoImBridgetJones Fri 02-Sep-16 16:39:59

Thanks both for the replies and encouragement! So good to hear it's possible, I really thought I'd get nowhere with it but you know, I think I'll give it a go next cycle. Seems I might get the best results vaginally, so thanks for the tip Streaky. Kelly, I'm the same, waking up and moving about every couple of hours <sigh> frustrating/knackering isn't it!

I'll give it a bash anyway and keep hoping. Thanks again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now