Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Undigested food in vomit 24 hours later?!

(5 Posts)
PrettySnowyPictures Sun 21-Dec-14 10:51:34

Dd has been having a bit of a weird turn recently, throwing up after eating since Thursday morning but otherwise no fever or even raised temp, no other symptoms and she's acting completely fine though does occassionally say her stomach is sore and her appetite has gone down a lot (not even ice cream tempted her!) No cold or flu etc.

She threw up again Thursday evening after dinner, Friday morning before breakfast and yesterday morning and last night/this morning before breakfast again. Except this morning she threw up rice crispies, which she hasn't had since yesterday morning.

Is this something to worry about? Likely the doctor would just say a virus or something and it's a nightmare to get an appointment anyway! Is it normal? Thanks

crumblebumblebee Sun 21-Dec-14 11:26:41

www.nhs.uk/conditions/gastroparesis/Pages/Introduction.aspx Have a look at this page and tell me if it rings a bell.

PrettySnowyPictures Sun 21-Dec-14 12:34:01

My dd has 4 of those symptoms (feeling full very quickly/lack of appetite, complaining of a tummy ache and vomiting) but so far as I can see she's not lost weight and doesn't have bloating or heartburn.

I've not seen any other undigested food apart from the rice crispies though she's not really eaten much the past few days. A tiny bit of macaroni cheese and a couple spoonfuls of ice cream. She's still drinking plenty though and isn't throwing up regularly, just right before/after she eats in the morning/evening.

PrettySnowyPictures Sun 21-Dec-14 14:00:48

And she's just thrown up the water and toast she's had today sad probably not all the water, she's drank a fair bit today. Still no temp but she's very tired sad

crumblebumblebee Tue 23-Dec-14 19:42:54

How is she today, Pretty?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now