Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3RD BABY BIRTH STORIES WANTED :)

(14 Posts)
mydisguise Mon 14-Jul-08 23:52:34

Im due my 3rd in a few days and would love to hear birth stories of third cause i know that they say they can really mess u about.

how did it compare to birth 1 and 2?

xx

bluenosesaint Mon 14-Jul-08 23:58:14

Fantastic! My third was over in less than 4 hours (27 hr first labour and 9 hr second labour) with no pain relief grin

Good luck smile

mydisguise Mon 14-Jul-08 23:59:13

many false starts or anything?

bluenosesaint Tue 15-Jul-08 00:04:15

Nope. Not even any twinges really.

She was 8 days overdue and came 3 days after a sweep.

I woke at around 2.30am got to the hospital at around 3.30am and she was born at 5.55am

She did open her bowels inside me and they thought that she could have been in distress - she wasn't ...it was just because she was late.

Ledodgy Tue 15-Jul-08 00:04:39

My first was 19 hours establiahed 2 days at 2cm she was back to back.

My second was 4 mins established. I gave birth in my jumper.

My third was a home birth. My waters broke naturally, they'd never done this before! 12 hours later I went into established labour and had him 6 hours after that.

DD's labour was long but copeable I had diamorphine which I hated at 8 cm then and epidural to calm me down after the diamorphine so didn't feel much. Ds 1 hurt like hell no time for any pain relief , threw away the G&A but was over quickly.

Ds2 No pain relief apart from G&A but the pushing was the hardest he kept hitting the wrong spot and going back, I put that down to him being a dry birth as my waters had long gone. Saying that my third is the most chilled out of the lot, he's a dream baby.

Good Luck. smile

bluenosesaint Tue 15-Jul-08 00:04:41

Are you getting twinges now?

Ledodgy Tue 15-Jul-08 00:05:20

LOL I mean my second was 40 mins established not 4!

NorthernLurker Tue 15-Jul-08 00:07:37

No 1 was induced but No 2 and 3 were very similar labours - went into labour at 41 weeks. Both about 8 hours in length - if my waters had broken earlier then dd3 would have been born quicker I'm sure. That was all that was holding her in grin I really felt I cracked labour this time - managed the pain and look back on it with great affection and even pleasure tbh. Just don't tell my dh that - he says I expressed very different views at the time! What I will remember for the rest of my life is the wonderful sense of completion and achievement when it was all over and dd3 was feeding in my arms. No anxiety, no stress, just me and my baby. I knew what was happening, what would happen next and it was all brilliant. Third babies are fab!! Good Luck with yours smile

gigglewitch Tue 15-Jul-08 00:08:17

two days of (painless) slow labour, eventually as i was "stuck" at 4cm hmm had waters broken and the whole thing was only 1hr35mins long from there to cuddling baby grin. no pain relief either wink

gigglewitch Tue 15-Jul-08 00:09:03

btw, #1 born on due date, #2 two days early, #3 three WEEKS early shock

Joolyjoolyjoo Tue 15-Jul-08 00:10:13

I worried about no 3 birth too, as lots of people seemed keen to tell me that "ooh- the third one can be tricky!" Having had a 4h labour with dd1, and a 3 1/2hr one with dd2, I thought it would either be over in record time or go dramatically wrong! Actually, ds was born in 4h 40, but he was back to back, so bit more painful. But not the horror story I was dreading! Good luck!

mydisguise Tue 15-Jul-08 00:14:50

well im 39+3 been niggling and having strong braxtons for weeks!lol little madam seems to like keeping me on my toes

bluenosesaint Tue 15-Jul-08 00:20:45

Hope she gets a move on for you ...Good luck smile

cantseemyfeet Tue 15-Jul-08 00:50:32

My 3rd was so much better than others, was 10 days over, labour around 5 hours and 2 minutes of pushing and he flew out(my brother tells people he fell out, cheeky B).
First 2 had stitches and v. painful labours but last one was a breeze, not a stitch despite his hand being on his head when he came out.
Good luck, I hope she babs makes arrival soon (and quick)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now